The AEW Wednesday Night Dynamite Thread

• Replies 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Right people, right time, just the wrong location.

Fucking hell who’s arsed. Let people get excited about things.

For a TV Guide photoshoot promoting a new wrestling show, this is what you want to see. Not you brothers wedding reception, like those cunts above. You're selling professional wrestling. Nothing else.

Posted Images

• Paid Members
Posted (edited)
25 minutes ago, Lorne Malvo said:

Matt Sydal is a natural heel for me. That smug spiritual third-eye bollocks doesn't lend itself to being a face at all. What I saw of his heel act in Impact was decent enough. At the moment he's one of the most boring guys in the compay, having the same exact match on Dark every week, so hopefully something changes soon.

Yeah, was decent enough in Impact as a heel. Not sure anyone missed him massively when he left though, and was a bit surprised that AEW picked him up. 

Surely the type of wrestling he was/is known for is being done better now by a good number of wrestlers much younger than he is and already on the roster fighting for scraps on Dark.

Edited by garynysmon
50 minutes ago, garynysmon said:

Surely the type of wrestling he was/is known for is being done better now by a good number of wrestlers much younger than he is and already on the roster fighting for scraps on Dark.

WWE have got enough guys who do the same thing so there’s no interest from them, and he’s mates with the higher ups in AEW, he was always going to end up there at some point.

The 3rd Eye thing is natural heel stuff, it’s the kind of shit that knobheads bust out because they listen to Tool*, smoke a joint every once a in a while and can recite Bill Hicks’ “it’s just a ride” bit,  which makes them much more clever than you 

* No disrespect to any Tool fans, I fucking love Tool, but you know the kind of guys I mean

He's a bit eh to me Sydal, but he's made a damn better effort than Matt Cardona did to stand out. Match helps both ways Cody has a show to promote and to look like a star. Sydal, who fair to him got a fucking shocking debut he's been getting past should get a good showing to be him as a strong veteran gatekeeper.

Nice to see the DARK commentary love here. Its the nearest commentary wrestling has done for me that sounds like radio commentary, you can listen to it in the background. Taz when told was is and isn't funny and to just enjoy himself is fantastic, he's also learned a lot not to bury people as he does it. 

Never been a fan of Cody to root for him. I like his matches and a lot and think, minus that woeful tattoo that he feels like a star. I find the criticism of him generally hilarious. 

Best bit about that whole new theme was Taz absolutely losing his shit over it. He was genuinely surprised and started banging on about hearing it in the 80's, almost forgot he was calling a show.

• Paid Members
Posted (edited)

Great line from Taz on Dark this week: "Billy Gunn just competed in a bodybuilding competition this week...for the over 70s".

Absolutely stacked show tonight:

AEW World Championship: Kenny Omega (c) w/ Don Callis vs Rey Fenix

AEW Women's World Championship: Hikaru Shida (c) vs Abadon

Wardlow vs Jake Hager

Cody Rhodes vs Matt Sydal

The Young Bucks and SoCal Uncensored vs The Acclaimed and The Hybrid 2

Weigh-in for Darby Allin vs Brian Cage

Jon Moxley returns

Chris Jericho on commentary

Appearances from Snoop Dogg and Sting.

I'm most excited for Hager vs Wardlow by far.

Edited by LaGoosh
  • Paid Members
Posted (edited)

the Christmas card line, and Tony S looking like the laughing Leo DiCaprio meme at it, cracked me up

Edited by Hannibal Scorch
  • Paid Members
Posted (edited)

Given all that's happened no fucker will be watching this tonight on TNT will they?

Cue some new conspiracy theory from a wrestling nutcase who'll point to Trump's WWE Hall of Fame status.

But...

Stay classy Jericho.

ErFzAn8VQAQRK6I?format=jpg&name=medium

Edited by garynysmon