The AEW Wednesday Night Dynamite Thread

MPDTT

• Paid Members

Great line from Taz on Dark this week: "Billy Gunn just competed in a bodybuilding competition this week...for the over 70s".

Absolutely stacked show tonight:

AEW World Championship: Kenny Omega (c) w/ Don Callis vs Rey Fenix

AEW Women's World Championship: Hikaru Shida (c) vs Abadon

Wardlow vs Jake Hager

Cody Rhodes vs Matt Sydal

The Young Bucks and SoCal Uncensored vs The Acclaimed and The Hybrid 2

Weigh-in for Darby Allin vs Brian Cage

Jon Moxley returns

Chris Jericho on commentary

Appearances from Snoop Dogg and Sting.

I'm most excited for Hager vs Wardlow by far.

Edited by LaGoosh

• Paid Members

Given all that's happened no fucker will be watching this tonight on TNT will they?

Cue some new conspiracy theory from a wrestling nutcase who'll point to Trump's WWE Hall of Fame status.

But...

Stay classy Jericho.

ErFzAn8VQAQRK6I?format=jpg&name=medium

Edited by garynysmon

• Paid Members

Other than Luther being on live TV and  Snoop Dogg standing like a spare prick in the wind for 2 segments before delivering the most awkward splash of all time (although Jericho's human piece of spaghetti line was brilliant) this was a top to bottom great show.

They needed to get The Good Brothers involved as Dynamite has had no mention of impact as far as I recall. 

Wardlow seems green as grass for someone who's been in the business for a few years, but he has so much upside it's unreal. 

Whoever was in charge of the censor button did a tremendous job, I think they missed every one which had me laughing each time.

Miro can fuck off with his routine now, I'm bored to tears with this whole feud. 

I know Marko Stunt is a polarising figure, but personally I love his Spike Dudley routine and I think if it wasn't for the stop / start booking of Jurrasic Express, he would have gotten over by now.

47 minutes ago, Nick James said:

I know Marko Stunt is a polarising figure, but personally I love his Spike Dudley routine and I think if it wasn't for the stop / start booking of Jurassic Express, he would have gotten over by now.

That's actually been one of my main disappointments with AEW. Jurassic Express were real standouts when I started watching the company and trying to get invested in some of the new talent that I hadn't seen before. They haven't been able to get a consistent push for various reasons. I know everyone's high on Jungle Boy for the future, and I can't disagree with that, but I have wanted more from them.

Can see Jungle boy getting the Orange/Darby push this year now those 2 have moved up the card. Tony ain’t paying for a theme for him to be in 6 mans where it’s hardly used 

2 hours ago, Nick James said:

Wardlow seems green as grass for someone who's been in the business for a few years, but he has so much upside it's unreal. 

I'm a bit surprised at this, I thought he looked excellent in the match with Hager. His promo beforehand was a little rough, but it wasn't terrible. 

That was a fantastic show, pretty much every match delivered and there was excellent storyline progression. I'm glad to see The Bucks align with Omega and I hope this actually turns out to be a full heel turn. Ordinarily I'd assume that's what they were doing, but given that superkicking Tony Schiavone didn't turn them, I'm not going to place any bets just yet. 

I'm keen to see Cody get involved in a meaty storyline once again, it's been far too long since that has happened. His TNT title run has been followed up with celebrity interactions, and he feels a little directionless right now. My hope is that it transpires that he is the one who attacked Moxley, and we get a Moxley/Cody feud on the back of the next PPV. 

Clearly I'm in the minority here, but I don't understand why people are so high on Jungle Boy. He's good in ring, but so are most people in AEW. His mic work is weak, and I just don't see him being interesting enough as a character to hold up his end of a singles feud. Not yet, anyway. Perhaps he'll flourish on the mic in the coming year and really come into his own, but I'm not seeing much evidence of progress at this point.