The AEW Wednesday Night Dynamite Thread

• Replies 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Right people, right time, just the wrong location.

Fucking hell who’s arsed. Let people get excited about things.

The Good Brothers are like a team of Christian and Matt Hardy. They both feel like the worst person in their team, it just happens to be the same team.

Posted Images

• Paid Members

Road to show on YouTube has a cracking Callis interview and AEW highlight video. And some skippable Cody and Matt Sydel build to a match no one will care about 

• Paid Members
21 hours ago, Louch said:

Road to show on YouTube has a cracking Callis interview and AEW highlight video. And some skippable Cody and Matt Sydel build to a match no one will care about 

I actually thought Cody and Sydal did a good job making me care about what's almost certainly a glorified squash. People take the piss out of AEW's record system but it does allow for super basic stories like trying to kick start the year by going 1-0.

But yeah, watch this primarily for the amazing Callis promo. Fantastic.

• Paid Members

Man, that Jungle Boy entrance is gonna be over massive when they're back infront of proper crowds.

In other Dark news, they've finally got Thunder Rosa coming out of the face tunnel! That has been irrationally annoying me for far too long.

The commentary on Dark may be my favourite commentary team ever. Two mates just having a laugh but without shitting on the guys in the ring (for the most part).

• Paid Members

You just know Cody is going to have to fight from underneath and snatch victory from the jaws of defeat against Sydal. They'll go 17 minutes across two commercial breaks. 

I finally watched the Brodie Lee tribute episode. Erick Redbeard turning up was a nice touch. Some great WWE "cameos" during that tribute video at the end. Good, fun matches. 

• Paid Members
3 minutes ago, jazzygeofferz said:

You just know Cody is going to have to fight from underneath and snatch victory from the jaws of defeat against Sydal. They'll go 17 minutes across two commercial breaks. 

I'm not entirely against that - I don't give much of a shit about Sydal, but he had the most unfortunate debut possible, and this is pretty much the last chance they have to make him a somebody. If he shows something here, he might have potential. If not (which I expect, to be honest), then he's not going to be anything. That's worth a roll of the dice from AEW/Cody.

• Paid Members

He's got the talent to be a regular feature, and there'd be potential for some great matches against some of that roster, but I guess it'll depend on how it's received by the fans. 

Sydal needs to stop pointing at his fucking forehead like Luther, new-age third eye shit isn't going to get over as a gimmick with him.

Wasn't Kendrick doing that during his "only dropkicks, nothing else" TNA phase? Awful.

• Paid Members

Matt Sydal is a natural heel for me. That smug spiritual third-eye bollocks doesn't lend itself to being a face at all. What I saw of his heel act in Impact was decent enough. At the moment he's one of the most boring guys in the compay, having the same exact match on Dark every week, so hopefully something changes soon.