The AEW Wednesday Night Dynamite Thread

MPDTT

• Paid Members

Man, that Jungle Boy entrance is gonna be over massive when they're back infront of proper crowds.

In other Dark news, they've finally got Thunder Rosa coming out of the face tunnel! That has been irrationally annoying me for far too long.

The commentary on Dark may be my favourite commentary team ever. Two mates just having a laugh but without shitting on the guys in the ring (for the most part).

• Paid Members

You just know Cody is going to have to fight from underneath and snatch victory from the jaws of defeat against Sydal. They'll go 17 minutes across two commercial breaks. 

I finally watched the Brodie Lee tribute episode. Erick Redbeard turning up was a nice touch. Some great WWE "cameos" during that tribute video at the end. Good, fun matches. 

• Paid Members
3 minutes ago, jazzygeofferz said:

You just know Cody is going to have to fight from underneath and snatch victory from the jaws of defeat against Sydal. They'll go 17 minutes across two commercial breaks. 

I'm not entirely against that - I don't give much of a shit about Sydal, but he had the most unfortunate debut possible, and this is pretty much the last chance they have to make him a somebody. If he shows something here, he might have potential. If not (which I expect, to be honest), then he's not going to be anything. That's worth a roll of the dice from AEW/Cody.

• Paid Members

He's got the talent to be a regular feature, and there'd be potential for some great matches against some of that roster, but I guess it'll depend on how it's received by the fans. 

• Paid Members

Matt Sydal is a natural heel for me. That smug spiritual third-eye bollocks doesn't lend itself to being a face at all. What I saw of his heel act in Impact was decent enough. At the moment he's one of the most boring guys in the compay, having the same exact match on Dark every week, so hopefully something changes soon.

• Paid Members
25 minutes ago, Lorne Malvo said:

Matt Sydal is a natural heel for me. That smug spiritual third-eye bollocks doesn't lend itself to being a face at all. What I saw of his heel act in Impact was decent enough. At the moment he's one of the most boring guys in the compay, having the same exact match on Dark every week, so hopefully something changes soon.

Yeah, was decent enough in Impact as a heel. Not sure anyone missed him massively when he left though, and was a bit surprised that AEW picked him up. 

Surely the type of wrestling he was/is known for is being done better now by a good number of wrestlers much younger than he is and already on the roster fighting for scraps on Dark.

Edited by garynysmon

50 minutes ago, garynysmon said:

Surely the type of wrestling he was/is known for is being done better now by a good number of wrestlers much younger than he is and already on the roster fighting for scraps on Dark.

WWE have got enough guys who do the same thing so there’s no interest from them, and he’s mates with the higher ups in AEW, he was always going to end up there at some point.

The 3rd Eye thing is natural heel stuff, it’s the kind of shit that knobheads bust out because they listen to Tool*, smoke a joint every once a in a while and can recite Bill Hicks’ “it’s just a ride” bit,  which makes them much more clever than you 

* No disrespect to any Tool fans, I fucking love Tool, but you know the kind of guys I mean

He's a bit eh to me Sydal, but he's made a damn better effort than Matt Cardona did to stand out. Match helps both ways Cody has a show to promote and to look like a star. Sydal, who fair to him got a fucking shocking debut he's been getting past should get a good showing to be him as a strong veteran gatekeeper.

Nice to see the DARK commentary love here. Its the nearest commentary wrestling has done for me that sounds like radio commentary, you can listen to it in the background. Taz when told was is and isn't funny and to just enjoy himself is fantastic, he's also learned a lot not to bury people as he does it. 

Never been a fan of Cody to root for him. I like his matches and a lot and think, minus that woeful tattoo that he feels like a star. I find the criticism of him generally hilarious.