Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Paid Members
Posted
4 hours ago, Project Nim said:

Kudos to the dubbed in Tony Schiavone “Merry Christmas to everyone watching on ITV” made me think back to those records where a child’s name is dubbed into the title of the song 

He said it on the live Fite TV version

Posted
18 minutes ago, CavemanLynn said:

Who's going to hit a discus lariat? It's going to be Cody, isn't it? 

Xavier Woods and Ricochet both did one on RAW, as well as various other subtle tributes from stars throughout the night. I liked that.

Yeah it'll probably be Cody on Dynamite.

Posted

Given tie in with impact, be nice to see some promos from some of their guys who knew him Mixed in the tributes through the show as well if they wanted them aired. I’m going to try and stay up for this one 

Posted
9 minutes ago, Liam O'Rourke said:

That may have been the best and classiest tribute show I've ever seen.

I loved it, it was a perfect storm of pure emotion and lads deciding to go balls to the wall with enough time to put together what everyone was doing. Archers gear, dark order in the baby face corner, a Tim donst throwback, but most importantly everyone putting over how he would have dropped wrestling in a hot second for his family........ Just a wonderful 2 hours. 

  • Paid Members
Posted

I was going to watch it in the morning but woke up not long ago and I’m sobbing on the toilet watching clips. With respect I’ll give this one a miss for a while, I think watching it will kill me. A beautiful tribute.

  • Paid Members
Posted (edited)

Christ on a bike, that was one of the best tribute shows I've ever seen. So heartfelt, genuine and touching. 

I welled up at Colt crying during his entrance, but I wasn't prepared for John Silver's break down at the end of his match, that got me good. That should have been the main event. 

Jericho not giving a shit on Comms by continually shouting 'Erick Rowan' and Schiavone repeating 'Redbeard' every time was brilliant.

Eddie Kingston, man, the realest man in wrestling. Every single word he speaks, you believe 100% and his tribute was emotional.

I liked that AEW didn't care who they used in the tribute video, photos of WWE stars amongst others made it a real tribute and didn't feel edited to ignore the man's past. 

Completely away from the Brodie tribute, as brilliant as it was hearing Schiavone shouting 'ITS STIIIIIING' when Sting returned, the catchphrase is starting to grate on me now. It's like when people liked Joey Styles shouting OH MY GOD the first time, then it was driven into the ground pretty quick.

Edited by Nick James
Posted (edited)

The shot before the tribute video felt to me a bit odd and off-putting with Cody visibly telling -1 Brodie Jr to stare at his dad's boots in the middle of the ring... Made me a little uncomfortable in what was otherwise a brilliant show for, as it clearly transpires, a brilliant man, wrestler, father and a great loss to the world. 

Edited by mrtrickio
Clarity of thoughts
  • Paid Members
Posted

Yeah what more can be said other than it was an incredibly classy, respectable and beautiful tribute to a fantastic wrestler and a good man.

Lance Archer is a great babyface wrestler and hot tag it seems, that was a nice surprise and a singles hoss battle against The Butcher would be lots of fun. Evil Uno is also a really good wrestler, I'd love to see him and Eddie Kingston in a singles match.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...