The AEW Wednesday Night Dynamite Thread

MPDTT

2 hours ago, LaGoosh said:

And how is QT Marshall training wrestlers? He's fucking useless.Ā 

I've seen a few people asking this on here.

I know it's not an exact parallel but in football many of the best managers / coaches were mediocre as players.

Or Quentin Tarantino. Great director, shite actor. Matt Hancock pretending to cry was more convincing than QT's aussie accent.

• Paid Members

#ChrisJericho is trending on twitter with a lot of the NBA fans mocking his look. Sounds like quite a lot of viewers of the NBA game stuck around to check AEW out which can only be a good thing for ratings, but the comments they are making makes it seem like they may not stick around.Ā 

• Paid Members

Yeah I understand the logic in it, a big name that fans know to draw them in but something new and exciting probably would have gone down better. Some mad match with Lucha Bros, Darby, Sammy Guevara, PnP etc. probably would have done better.

Super sensitive Chris Jericho will definitely read all those tweets about his physique and have a bit of cry.

6 hours ago, LaGoosh said:

And how is QT Marshall training wrestlers? He's fucking useless

We should judge how good of a trainer QT is in a few years.Ā 

I'll just say this, those who watch Ring Of Honor would say that Jonathan Gresham is a fantastic wrestler maybe the best technical wrestler in the world. His trainer was Mr Hughes.Ā 

11 hours ago, Supremo said:

Hated the MJF thing. Fuck off bringing real deaths of actual human beings into your story lines. Low-rent carny shit. People rightly rag on WWE when they do it, so AEW should get the exact same criticism.

Wrestlers are the weirdest people in the world.

"This MJF/Inner Circle thing is going good, everyone loved the comedy stuff in Vegas, what shall we do next?"

"Trivialise my dad's death?"

"Fucking genius."

I normally hate these things too, but I didnā€™t onĀ this occasion, possibly because WWE has form when it comes to handling deaths in a crass, nasty way whereas AEW, at this point,Ā does not.

Iā€™m more willing, I think, to give AEW the benefit of the doubt for that reason. I could absolutely see a situation where the wrestlers in question really did view it as a tribute to their loved ones, albeit one that progressed a storyline. It didnā€™t feel particularly exploitative or trivial to me, and as a one off Iā€™m OK with it.Ā 

If MJF comes out next week and dedicates a win to the relatives in question and starts to make a running thing offer itĀ I may change my opinion, but for what it was I didnā€™t mind it.

The one thing thatĀ did bother me on last nightā€™s showĀ was the crowd, they were particularlyĀ obnoxious for some reason.

Yeah we canā€™t judge aew on what wwe have done wrong when going a creative direction, until aew screw it up themselves. We have seen them go one way, then steer it onto a positive course in the last year, donā€™t expect them to head down that ā€œthatā€™s for himā€ tropes so widely mockedĀ 

• Paid Members

AEW have already screwed it up simply writing the deaths of real human beings into trivial pro-wrestling storylines.

I don't care if it gets better or worse. It already creepy and weird, completely taking me out of it. It's a daft angle about guys bickering and glaring at each other, with everyone on the brink of turning. It doesn't need anyone going, "hey, some of family died recently." Tone deaf as fuck.

12 minutes ago, Supremo said:

AEW have already screwed it up simply writing the deaths of real human beings into trivial pro-wrestling storylines.

I don't care if it gets better or worse. It already creepy and weird, completely taking me out of it. It's a daft angle about guys bickering and glaring at each other, with everyone on the brink of turning. It doesn't need anyone going, "hey, some of family died recently." Tone deaf as fuck.

Although IĀ still don't have a problem with the angle, I think your argument is more than valid. Given how many Americans have died and are dying from COVID I think it's fair to red flag it as potentially inappropriate at this moment in time.Ā 

• Paid Members

I know someone was asking recently what's the best way to watch Dynamite. Let me give you the definitive answer. Watch this show on FITE specifically for the bits when they go to an advert break whilst Eddie Kingston is on commentary and they continue airing the feed. One of the funniest, most entertaining guys in the business, he immediately loosens up when they go to an advert break and gets even better. Giving shoutouts to Wolverhampton and talking about how he's going to get Schiavone in the parking lot after the show. I was chuckling like a dickhead.

Edited by Supremo

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, Supremo said:

Honestly, I saw it as a way to bring Santana and Ortiz on side for the eventual MJF turn on Jericho, as it was the one genuine thing he's said in AEW so far. Not sure how that positions them all eventually mind, but it seemed a genuine way for them all to pay tribute, and Santana looked a boss with his stoicism.

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, Supremo said:

I know someone was asking recently what's the best way to watch Dynamite. Let me give you the definitive answer. Watch this show on FITE specifically for the bits when they go to an advert break whilst Eddie Kingston is on commentary and they continue airing the feed. One of the funniest, most entertaining guys in the business, he immediately loosens up when they go to an advert break and gets even better. Giving shoutouts to Wolverhampton and talking about how hes going to get Schiavone in the parking lot after the show. I was chuckling like a dickhead.

Not sure if it was during the ad or the match but Tony wishing Eddieā€™s mum a nice Christmas to be responded by him saying you watch your mouth had me cracking up. But I agree the Ā£4.99 is worth it for the whole show for me. Ā£1.25 an episode is reasonableĀ 

• Paid Members
11 minutes ago, The King Of Swing said:

It's definitely worth the price if you like the Dynamite theme songĀ šŸ˜‰

Lets go- ignite
Elements collide
And a flash of light
And you feel the boom!
That means its time
Light the fuse- bring the boom!
Dynamite!

Trent is out injured for months with a torn pec, so guessing we are looking at OC and Chuck teaming for the meantime.Ā