The AEW Wednesday Night Dynamite Thread

MPDTT

Kenny's title reign has got so long still left to run that by the time it's ready for Page to dethrone him, he'll probably be well done with the Dark Order anyway. 

Although, if Page is still pissing about with them in six-to-twelve months time and Kenny is still pissing about with Anderson & Gallows on TNA, could a blood and guts match take place between Page's Dark Order and Kenny's newly renamed Bullet Club with The Bucks joining him, Gallows and Anderson? And knowing AEW, it'll be just in time for Cody to return from paternity leave to be the deciding factor in the match.

2 hours ago, Jackpot said:

Kenny's title reign has got so long still left to run that by the time it's ready for Page to dethrone him, he'll probably be well done with the Dark Order anyway. 

Although, if Page is still pissing about with them in six-to-twelve months time and Kenny is still pissing about with Anderson & Gallows on TNA, could a blood and guts match take place between Page's Dark Order and Kenny's newly renamed Bullet Club with The Bucks joining him, Gallows and Anderson? And knowing AEW, it'll be just in time for Cody to return from paternity leave to be the deciding factor in the match.

Dont tempt fate

8 hours ago, Jackpot said:

And knowing AEW, it'll be just in time for Cody to return from paternity leave to be the deciding factor in the match.

Let's be honest, the pop for Cody would be massive. Sure, he's perhaps slightly above average in the ring, but he's over. And after an extended break, a surprise return would be massive. Just a shame crowds wouldn't be back to see it...and the fact that his entrance is so needlessly elaborate that his child will be walking out with him by the time he gets to the ring. 

• Paid Members
20 minutes ago, iPumaPants said:

the fact that his entrance is so needlessly elaborate that his child will be walking out with him by the time he gets to the ring. 

I know this is a flippant point, but it worked well for Ricky Steamboat in fairness. I do think along with Flair and his Dad, Cody is often channeling a bit of Steamboat (or at least trying to) so I wouldn't be shocked to see him lean into the "family man" thing at some stage. 

Few thoughts as I watch this week

hangman, Sliver and Reynolds worked so well. No matter what they should be together going forward. Matt hardy is dragging private party down down. Don’t see a point for him at all. 

the vignette for the baby was forced and creepy for me. No need. 

Difference in Miro speaking then Kingston in terms of believability in what they say is massive. Interest level in both for me is opposite what I expected when both states in aew this year. Death triangle and archer having the numbers advantage when positioned as the good guys in that feud is weird. Hopefully we see that change as gives all 7 things to do 

the 12 man was just busy. 

the acclaimed and SCU battle rap was fun. With the number of young teams coming in without any tv experience will need a good solid team to work with, and SCU seems perfect for them. Felt like it was Dark match as had no story to it to keep me hooked , good to see the new team go over. 

If Omegs list of accomplishments matters so much, should be the louder volume  over his prequel tune. Janella was a cracking opponent for that kinda match. Not sure if Callis had an earpiece in, but there was hardly any overlap between the announcers and him. Just seen post match that he was.

Really enjoying this start to Omegas reign. we all expected the bucks and him to be linked, and straight into hangman feud. Yet again AEW take us in a different and more exciting direction. Seen this called a poor show by some online, to me it was perfectly fine hour or two to watch , not everything should be  8/9 outta 10 on tv 

• Awards Moderator

This episode felt pretty flat to me until Kenny Omega came out and elevated the whole thing a hundredfold. I was so down on Omega this time last year, and. I’m so glad to be able to watch a Kenny Omega that’s worthy of the “best in the world” title. He’s exceptional right now. Got needlessly excited when PAC came out because I thought we were getting a rematch from the Iron Man. Maybe some day.

The only bit I didn’t like in the main event was after Callis hyped up the One Winged Angel on his microphone and proclaiming nobody has ever kicked out of it, Excalibur muttered “Kota Ibushi kicked out of it” under his breath. I know there were probably dozens of dem muttering the same thing at that moment, but can you imagine how mood-killing it will be a year from now when Hangman kicks out of the One Winged Angel and the crowd goes nuts and Excalibur just reacts with “Kota Ibushi did that already”. That is not the story, Excalibur!

Edited by HarmonicGenerator

• Paid Members

Omega knows that a fair chunk of his fanbase are going to lap up every mention of Kota Ibushi, and any suggestion of AEW working with NJPW, so I wouldn't be surprised if it was intentional. 

Hangman kicking out of One Winged Angel will be great regardless of if it's the first time - pointing out to Don that someone has done it before is just highlighting that they're heels and being dishonest. 

I've only just got back into watching AEW in the past couple of weeks and I'm quite enjoying it. I haven't watched it since the first few weeks of Dynamite so it's good to see Cody still giving himself the grandest entrance of all the roster. 

One question I have though is, are there fans in the stands or are the shots of people singing along to Jericho's theme pre-filmed? Also, were the crowd singing along to Jericho's theme before COVID, or are AEW trying to making it a "thing"? - The people in the front row do some awful over-acting when singing along to it like they're being forced to do it for the cameras.

11 minutes ago, wordsfromlee said:

I've only just got back into watching AEW in the past couple of weeks and I'm quite enjoying it. I haven't watched it since the first few weeks of Dynamite so it's good to see Cody still giving himself the grandest entrance of all the roster. 

One question I have though is, are there fans in the stands or are the shots of people singing along to Jericho's theme pre-filmed? Also, were the crowd singing along to Jericho's theme before COVID, or are AEW trying to making it a "thing"? - The people in the front row do some awful over-acting when singing along to it like they're being forced to do it for the cameras.

Yeah, they have a couple of hundred people at shows, florida allows it. 

The jericho thing started on the cruise, and like every organic thing in wrestling, it has been run into the fucking ground....... 

• Paid Members
52 minutes ago, wordsfromlee said:

The people in the front row do some awful over-acting when singing along to it like they're being forced to do it for the cameras.

The front row are wrestlers, and they have all been trying to outdo each other a little - it started with Sammy Guevara doing it, and nobody wants to half-arse it, I think.

• Paid Members

The opener was a lively start. I had a giggle at Silver and Reynolds dressing like Page. He's playing it so well. The slight tension between Matt Hardy & Private Party is interesting as well. The match made sense as well. No kicking out of stuff that should have been the end of the match. 

The Inner Circle interview is doing a nice job of telegraphing a Jericho face turn. 

The Rhodes baby thing was tacked on, and while Angelico did some impressive stuff I never thought he had a chance of winning. 

I'm nearly 41 years old, but I still absolutely lose my shit when Sting turns up. 

Miro was funny. Pac's comeback got a nice pop. Is Archer the square in the Death Triangle? 

Dustin's promo was nice and fiery. I've always been a fan. 

I'd imagine Orange Cassidy would have been involved in it being a 14 man tag had Wardlow not had family stuff to attend to. Jericho had such a big smile on his face when he got to be in the ring with Brian Pillman Jr. He does have some of his dad's mannerisms

Daniels never broke out of a walk in the tag match. 

That women's tag was what it was. 

Callis and Omega were good during the main event. That match against Rey Phoenix (wait until Ray Phoenix from Bolton turns up in Britwres) could be good. 

Between this and the appearances on impact I'm actually wanting to watch wrestling again. I'm even tempted to stick TLC on before I go to bed tonight, even if I end up falling asleep while it's on. 

3 hours ago, poetofthedeed said:

The jericho thing started on the cruise, and like every organic thing in wrestling, it has been run into the fucking ground....... 

Its gone from one of my favourite things to something I feel like fast forwarding most of the time. One of the few times I find the commentators annoying trying to get it over as some amazing thing when everyone's singing along. Fuck off. Even the way Jericho stands there and listens to it. Just let it die and then enjoy it when full crowds return and really get into it.