The AEW Wednesday Night Dynamite Thread

MPDTT

• Paid Members

Why does the majority seem to be heels in AEW? There seems to be quite a few heel Vs heel guess going off.

Death Triangle and Archer Vs Kingston's Family (I thought Death Triangle were faces after going against Eddie?) Death Triangle Vs Kenny Omega. 

As lovely as it is for the Rhodes' to be expecting, it was such a Rhodes thing to do to have a vignette for the announcement. Thank god this will mean the end of the Brandi experiment.

Jenela bouncing the bin off Omega's head as he walked to the ring was the best thing Janela has ever done. Omega is absolutely brilliant, I didn't get the hype when AEW first launched, but he is such a good dickhead. Big Tony telling Callis to jog on when he tried to take his headset was gold. Speaking of, this may have been explained before, but what is the North Carolina stuff all about?

JR's 'COULD IT BE?!' when Sting arrived needs to do one as well, whether it was a dig at WWE or not, only Tony should be speaking when Sting arrived.

When Dustin was saying 'i am not the 3rd most important Rhodes' just after the baby announcement, it just made me think, no you're now 4th. Yet, he's the best Rhodes.

• Paid Members

Pretty terrible episode this week. Seemingly endless tag matches and not much in the way of excitement. 

The Hangman/DO stuff is way more interesting than Matt Hardy and should have been the focus. That proper pissed me off.

The short list of things I enjoyed this week:

- Silver and Reynolds in cowboy hats.

- MJFs backstage promo.

- Omega being a horrible bastard.

- Tony telling Callis to kiss his ass.

- Kingston revealing that God is his number 1 enemy.

- Britt Baker and Rebel (who I've come to fancy absolutely loads)

Everything else was the shits. That Cody video was one of the worst fucking things ever. If he was a heel it would be good, but it very much feels like Cody is living in his own promotion within AEW. 

It’s just like Cody to go and do something like that, the fucking prick. Moxley casually dropped he and Renee being pregnant into a promo, even managing to use it as motivation to hold onto the title, but we can’t upstage Cody now can we?

Wouldn't be surprised if the baby gets Cody’s full entrance on its way out

• Paid Members

Cody's gonna call that kid something ridiculous like, "Nightmare," isn't he?

Good for them, of course, but it's yet another Brandi feud that fizzles out having achieved precisely fuck all. It's amazing how little she's actually contributed to this company. Time after time she's in these dogshit programs that go nowhere, end abruptly, and exist solely for her cosplay Stephanie McMahon.

17 hours ago, LaGoosh said:

If AEW get Wardlows eventual singles run right, the female demographic is going to explode. Most handsome man in wrestling. 

The ladies will come because they want to shag Wardlow, but they'll stick around and fall in love with the Hangman.

I'm sure this wasn't your intention, but on the back of everything that's emerged about how female wrestlers and fans have been viewed and treated recently this doesn't feel like the kind of post that belongs on a wrestling forum in 2020. 

As far as the show goes, it was a little dull but it was watchable.

Say what you like about Cody, but he still gets an incredible reaction from the live audience. I don't quite understand why, but he was by far the most over babyface wrestler on the show. Compare the reaction from his entrance to the unjustifiably tepid reaction to Hangman's entrance. Baffling. 

Kenny and Callis are an absolute blast to watch right now. I'm a bit nervous about all the promotions Kenny is working for right now. Please don't get injured!!

11 minutes ago, RedRooster said:

I'm sure this wasn't your intention, but on the back of everything that's emerged about how female wrestlers and fans have been viewed and treated recently this doesn't feel like the kind of post that belongs on a wrestling forum in 2020. 

People wanting to sleep with a handsome celeb is not the same thing as the issues we have seen come out over this year. Sex appeal is a massive part of celebrity, and shouldn’t be lumped in with the sex pests and nonces. 

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, Nick James said:

Speaking of, this may have been explained before, but what is the North Carolina stuff all about?

I’m sure this has been asked and answered every week the past month after Dynamite in this thread. It’s a Chicago Bulls/Michael Jordan reference. 

13 minutes ago, Louch said:

People wanting to sleep with a handsome celeb is not the same thing as the issues we have seen come out over this year. Sex appeal is a massive part of celebrity, and shouldn’t be lumped in with the sex pests and nonces. 

But it's not just that though, it's the idea/implication that women are at the wrestling/watching because they want to have sex with its stars. It's obviously different, but I think it's clearly part of the problem. Do you ever watch anything simply because a lead star is attractive? 

Obviously "sex appeal" can make someone more marketable, but the suggestion that "the ladies will come because they want to shag Wardlow" goes beyond that idea a little and mirrors comments made by some really problematic people in wrestling about female fans.

It's fine to suggest that someone is marketable, but it's all about how you do that, and words do matter. Having said I don't think it was his intention at all and I'm fine with being told I'm being over sensitive. 

Edited by RedRooster

• Paid Members
31 minutes ago, RedRooster said:

My intention was to highlight that Wardlow is a very attractive man who women are likely to want to see and become fans of because he's very attractive (attractive celebrities are very popular, this has been true forever for both male and females) and to highlight that Hangman is very handsome and loveable too. This was very clear in my original post. I'm afraid that you read it in a completely different, very weird and incorrect way. 

Edited by LaGoosh

5 minutes ago, RedRooster said:

But it's not just that though, it's the idea/implication that women are at the wrestling/watching because they want to have sex with its stars. It's obviously different, but I think it's clearly part of the problem. Do you ever watch anything simply because a lead star is attractive? 

Obviously "sex appeal" can make someone more marketable, but the suggestion that "the ladies will come because they want to shag Wardlow" goes beyond that idea a little and mirrors comments made by some really problematic people in wrestling about female fans.

It's fine to suggest that someone is marketable, but it's all about how you do that, and words do matter. Having said I don't think it was his intention at all and I'm fine with being told I'm being over sensitive. 

Let’s just say I never watched baywatch for the storylines. And most of the appeal of Gladiators was the attractive female leads. It’s not a one way thing 

• Paid Members
9 minutes ago, TheBurningRed said:

I’m sure this has been asked and answered every week the past month after Dynamite in this thread. It’s a Chicago Bulls/Michael Jordan reference. 

Wow, I mean, thanks for the answer (and attitude), but what does a Bulls / Jordan reference have to do with Omega? I must have missed where it has been answered (here or on Dynamite). If people are having to ask the question each week, then it seems like a daft thing to be putting on Dynamite with no context. 

EDIT: After doing a search for 'North Carolina', the last time it was asked was 20th November, to which the answer was 'Its a Michael Jordan reference', which still doesn't answer the question of what its all about. 

Edited by Nick James

5 minutes ago, Nick James said:

Wow, I mean, thanks for the answer (and attitude), but what does a Bulls / Jordan reference have to do with Omega? I must have missed where it has been answered (here or on Dynamite). If people are having to ask the question each week, then it seems like a daft thing to be putting on Dynamite with no context. 

EDIT: After doing a search for 'North Carolina', the last time it was asked was 20th November, to which the answer was 'Its a Michael Jordan reference', which still doesn't answer the question of what its all about. 

I don’t get the link either. Just took it as over the top heel nonsense