The AEW Wednesday Night Dynamite Thread

MPDTT

Cody is a good bang average in ring worker who now gets to book the bells and whistles to lift his matches up, and does the shots at wwe stuff to get hardcore anti wwe fans on his side, when its 100% wwe product he produces. He’s triple H when everyone said triple H was gonna be good in 98 without actually being that good. Said on the move to wwe thread that he’s the main guy I see going, as he can’t handle that he was Midcard there 

• Paid Members

It seems like Snoop Dog will be doing commentary for AEW in January.

I don't know if anyone else stayed up until stupid o'clock to listen to him in the booth during the recent Tyson/Jones Jr fight card, but I'm looking forward to this!

https://411mania.com/wrestling/backstage-note-on-snoop-dogg-appearing-at-aew-new-years-smash-night-2/

I just find Cody really fucking unlikable as a face at the moment (see: always), he just seems like an insincere slimeball. Maybe it's on purpose with the whole "shades of grey" BS, I do think there's a turn down the line with him hogging the limelight even though Darby is the TNT champion.  And Sting being all "I saw this when Hogan came in to WCW and I can see it in you, too".

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Tommy! said:

They cut goldust off at the knees with intent. It was getting press and they had to deal with it in a weaker position than they would be when they got bad press in 98 or 99, so they intentionally killed the gimmick off. 

I only ever watched 1 AEW match, I was quite keen to hopefully get the spark for wrestling back and was quite excited to catch Dynamite but the first TV match, Cody vs someone, killed me. It's not him so much because it was a solid enough mid card match, but it was sold to me on Cody being an apex and the crowd were annoying and it didn't live up to it. He looked out of place in an ill-fitting weightlifting belt and the other chap was a bit ropey too. 

I keep meaning to try and dip in again, because I'm sure there's something there to enjoy, so can anyone recommend good places and match to start and where I can catch them? I'm not big on too much of the acrobatic stuff. 

Check out the matches of the year thread. Though for stuff that’s great but not in ring, the tag team parking lot brawl and Stadium Stampede  

Edited by Hannibal Scorch

• Paid Members

The second Cody walked out with that neck tattoo I think he dropped massively in my eyes. I can't really like or truly respect someone with such a shit tattoo. I'm not sure if it's a coincidence that he hasn't really done anything good since he got it other than get the shit kicked out of him by Brodie Lee.

• Paid Members
6 hours ago, garynysmon said:

It seems like Snoop Dog will be doing commentary for AEW in January.

I don't know if anyone else stayed up until stupid o'clock to listen to him in the booth during the recent Tyson/Jones Jr fight card, but I'm looking forward to this!

https://411mania.com/wrestling/backstage-note-on-snoop-dogg-appearing-at-aew-new-years-smash-night-2/

Mauro Ranallo can’t help himself can he? Insufferable.

Watching the Tyson/Jones fight all I could think was how "wrestling" the show was down to the commentary, how I didn't like it for boxing but Snoop would be great as doing color for a wrestling company. Not surprised AEW snapped him up and very glad WWE didn't get him to do it as I'm sure it would be ruined by their micro management 

Well, I didn’t think it would happen this soon but AEW beat Raw in all the important demos. Record low rating for Raw.

AEW need an absolutely enormous raise in their TV money because either they are being criminally underpaid or WWE are robbing USA blind. I’d like to think this will be a wake up call to wwe but I just expect more hotshotting and plans changing every week. Couldn’t happen to a nicer bunch of cunts.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Yakashi said:

Well, I didn’t think it would happen this soon but AEW beat Raw in all the important demos. Record low rating for Raw.

AEW need an absolutely enormous raise in their TV money because either they are being criminally underpaid or WWE are robbing USA blind. I’d like to think this will be a wake up call to wwe but I just expect more hotshotting and plans changing every week. Couldn’t happen to a nicer bunch of cunts.

I saw someone talking about NXT's main job being to reduce AEW's ratings, so Fox and USA don't realise how much they're overpaying WWE. If AEW start getting close to Raw or Smackdown numbers, that either means a lot more money for AEW or a lot less money for WWE.

• Paid Members

To put it in context USA Network is paying approx $5m for every episode of Raw while TNT is paying approx $800k. By every metric TNT has made a fantastic bargain and WWE will never get a deal anywhere near that good ever again.

WWE need to get their act together. Their ratings for Raw are fully deserved. I don’t even think AEW is a particularly great promotion either but this should serve as some kind of wake up call to WWE.