The AEW Wednesday Night Dynamite Thread

MPDTT

I appreciate after 470 pages this is probably an annoying addition to this thread, but what's the best way to watch AEW in the UK? Is it still ITV4 OD?

Working in MMA and boxing consecutively has killed my interest in watching those sports as a form of recreation, so trying to get back into the wrestling. Struggling with WWE, so going to give these boys a go.

• Paid Members
1 minute ago, d-d-d-dAz said:

I appreciate after 470 pages this is probably an annoying addition to this thread, but what's the best way to watch AEW in the UK? Is it still ITV4 OD?

Working in MMA and boxing consecutively has killed my interest in watching those sports as a form of recreation, so trying to get back into the wrestling. Struggling with WWE, so going to give these boys a go.

It's on ITV on a Friday night so you can series link it. But yes, also on demand. You can subscribe to Fite TV for a fiver a month (I think) if you want it live or the next morning.

• Awards Moderator
46 minutes ago, d-d-d-dAz said:

ITV Hub normally upload by a Saturday morning, they tend to keep the last month or so of shows on there so you could catch up with 4 or 5 episodes to get you up to speed.

If you can justify the fiver the fite sub is worth it. I'm rubbish at avoiding spoilers and ITV's weird attitude to when it goes on and up on hub mean that it's decent value, for the price of a decent beer. You will however become intimately acquainted with their fucking terrible theme song!

• Paid Members
19 minutes ago, mrtrickio said:

Are itv still putting up edited versions?

I only watch ITV4's Friday night showing, either live or via Sky+, and have never noticed any obvious edits.

The Monday night ITV1 hour long version is obviously heavily edited (although it does usually contain the best bits in fairness).

• Paid Members
5 minutes ago, cobra_gordo said:

"I asked Kaz and Daniels "Remember when Impact had fans and was called TNA?" and they said "No, we don't".

Sarcastic Schiavone on these paid ads is fantastic.

No one wanted Khan to be an on air figure. Myself included. Now I hope the second show on TNT is called The Two Tones and is just Khan and Schivone commentating on matches.

• Paid Members

Tony Khan does a great job on those videos (incidentally I thought last week it reminded me of when Vince was a heel on Memphis TV) but Tony gets about two lines and they're bloody brilliant. "Following this show, a council meeting".

I bitched in the Survivor Series thread about WWE being so passive about Roman Reigns fucking over Drew McIntyre. On AEW last week, it was night and day as they hammered home how Omega stole the title. Even in this little video, Khan hammers the point again. Just so simple and obvious.

• Paid Members
27 minutes ago, tiger_rick said:

Tony Khan does a great job on those videos (incidentally I thought last week it reminded me of when Vince was a heel on Memphis TV) but Tony gets about two lines and they're bloody brilliant. "Following this show, a council meeting".

I bitched in the Survivor Series thread about WWE being so passive about Roman Reigns fucking over Drew McIntyre. On AEW last week, it was night and day as they hammered home how Omega stole the title. Even in this little video, Khan hammers the point again. Just so simple and obvious.

Maybe this is too simple. But you have Tony Khan and the VP’s, all under 40, all with insight of pop culture and new trends, and then you have Vince surrounded by people stuck in their ways since the early 90’s at best. It’s why the WWE product feels pretty stale

• Paid Members
15 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

Maybe this is too simple. But you have Tony Khan and the VP’s, all under 40, all with insight of pop culture and new trends, and then you have Vince surrounded by people stuck in their ways since the early 90’s at best. It’s why the WWE product feels pretty stale

I think there's an element of that. Vince was a young guy himself when he revolutionised the WWF. He had his finger on the pulse. Lots would argue Bischoff then did the same to him.

When it comes to simple wrestling stories though, I'm not sure that washes. They've been the best at it for so long. I struggle with how matches and angles are so devoid of proper structure, planning and story telling. I don't know where those fundamentals went. Unless it was never Vince.