The AEW Wednesday Night Dynamite Thread

MPDTT

6 hours ago, jazzygeofferz said:

I'd imagine Orange Cassidy would have been involved in it being a 14 man tag had Wardlow not had family stuff to attend to. Jericho had such a big smile on his face when he got to be in the ring with Brian Pillman Jr. He does have some of his dad's mannerisms

It was set to be Brandon Cutler

• Paid Members
4 hours ago, DavidB6937 said:

Its gone from one of my favourite things to something I feel like fast forwarding most of the time. One of the few times I find the commentators annoying trying to get it over as some amazing thing when everyone's singing along. Fuck off. Even the way Jericho stands there and listens to it. Just let it die and then enjoy it when full crowds return and really get into it.

He's not even a face. Why are they singing  a heel's entrance song? 

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, jazzygeofferz said:

He's a star. In terms of presentation, everyone reacting in such a big way is more important than them booing him for now. While it's got old for those of us who have been watching throughout, they've had hundreds of thousands of new viewers recently, and I think it probably seems more big-time than we see it now. Also, I do still like it as a tune - it's fun.

Edited by Chris B

• Paid Members
10 hours ago, jazzygeofferz said:

Because Jericho isn't truly over as a heel and never will be. He's a star, (perhaps) a legend, and extremely entertaining and funny. After a certain amount of time, wrestlers are just respected too much by fans to ever get real heel heat.

1 hour ago, LaGoosh said:

Because Jericho isn't truly over as a heel and never will be. He's a star, (perhaps) a legend, and extremely entertaining and funny. After a certain amount of time, wrestlers are just respected too much by fans to ever get real heel heat.

And I think Jericho knows this. Ever since Sammy blew out his vocal chords screaming Jericho's theme after it had faded out, it feels like Jericho's been on a slow turn. Yeah, him and MJF are both heels in principal, but in any angle, there's gooder guy and a badder guy. I think it's clear that they're pushing MJF as the slimier bastard of the two, while Jericho gets to swagger around with a baseball bat lapping up the fans singing along, like the badass he likes to think he is.

On 12/20/2020 at 12:23 PM, BomberPat said:

Omega knows that a fair chunk of his fanbase are going to lap up every mention of Kota Ibushi, and any suggestion of AEW working with NJPW, so I wouldn't be surprised if it was intentional. 

Hangman kicking out of One Winged Angel will be great regardless of if it's the first time - pointing out to Don that someone has done it before is just highlighting that they're heels and being dishonest. 

It's a win/win situation really. 

The more hard core fans can read into it and fantasy book all sorts while more casual fans are in the dark so it doesn't matter if one guy kicked out years ago. 

Kind of a modern undefeated for 15 years and never been slammed you could say. 

• Paid Members

The last 5 minutes of BTE vs the last 5 minutes of TLC last night show how night and day the companies are right now. I have way more interest going to a big AEW show now then Wrestlemania, something I have been trying / wanting to do since I was a kid.

That Hangman is happy had had me happy all night. As a 37 year old guy who’s felt his love of wrestling fade massively, that says a lot for me and to the work of those involved. Really don’t think the Bucks get the credit they fully deserve for all the character work BTE has enhanced stories of over the last few years. Has added so many nuances to a lotta stories and let people try and fail as well.