The AEW Wednesday Night Dynamite Thread

MPDTT

I've thought they were awful since they were in TNA.  The only good thing about periodically seeing them is watching them slowly visually morph into the Rock 'n' Roll Express, receding hair and boss-eyes and everything.

6 hours ago, King Pitcos said:

To be fair, it had been four whole days since he’d shared the ring with a WWE Hall of Famer. He was probably worried we’d forget he’s obsessed with WWE. And a line in a promo is a lot cheaper than building HHH-style sets and props, and does exactly the same job.

Don't forget that he's going to undertake an unheard of schedule by defending his title in an open challenge.......... Yep, never been done before, nope....... If it has I haven't seen it...... 

12 hours ago, Lorne Malvo said:

I thought it was Forever The Revival, but apparently it's Fear The Revolt which is even worse. Still, shit names don't mean anything in wrestling. Walter is one of the worst names ever and it's not done him any harm.

@HarmonicGenerator I'd completely forgotten about Vickie Guerrero until your post. It took around 30 seconds for her to remind me why she had change the channel heat. 

I loved the Vickie/Edge era of Smackdown, they were brilliant fun together. When WWE started using her as a running fat joke she became less watchable but mainly because that was unnecessarily cruel. The fact WWE could simultaneously run an anti-bullying campaigning and do things like that is/was mind-boggling in terms of self-awareness.

But because of that initial period where she, against all odds. became the biggest heel in the company at the time I’ll always have a fondness for her. I enjoy her wee AEW cameos.

8 hours ago, poetofthedeed said:

Don't forget that he's going to undertake an unheard of schedule by defending his title in an open challenge.......... Yep, never been done before, nope....... If it has I haven't seen it...... 

You'd be hard pressed to find anything truly unique in wrestling, so if that's what you need, you might want to find something else to watch.

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, RedRooster said:

When WWE started using her as a running fat joke she became less watchable but mainly because that was unnecessarily cruel. The fact WWE could simultaneously run an anti-bullying campaigning and do things like that is/was mind-boggling in terms of self-awareness.

What was even more strange was when they kept calling her fat even after she lost weight and toned up. But it’s not like she was Viscera in the first place. Same with the Piggy James stuff. 

It has to be another weird Vince thing and a phobia of putting on the slightest bit of weight. 

22 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

Brandi Rhodes is getting a lot of heat for a now deleted Instagram post too

Who is she getting heat from? I don't see anything controversial in what she's saying there. In fact she's talking about an aspect of the race issue that affects her directly, in the context of the wider situation. She's not trying to make the situation about her. There's a side of social media where some people seem to take any post online as a declaration that IT IS RIGHT AND EVERYTHING ELSE IS WRONG which they then take as a personal attack. She's talking about the race issue not being cut and dried, us vs them, but more subtle and sinister. The only thing I can see causing umbrage is that last line, but that can definitely be forgiven because, in an Internet of billions, among millions of voices, it can be easy to be overwhelmed by a barrage of vitriol from only a few.

Edited by CavemanLynn

15 hours ago, Meej81 said:

Does anyone else have an irrational hatrid of the bucks of youth because of that stupid pose they do?

10 hours ago, Loki said:

I've thought they were awful since they were in TNA.  The only good thing about periodically seeing them is watching them slowly visually morph into the Rock 'n' Roll Express, receding hair and boss-eyes and everything.

They’ve got a great mind for marketing themselves no doubt about that, but the only match of theirs I’ve liked was the match at Revolution against Omega & Hangman, which was no doubt helped by them being mates for years and probably going over it shitload of times.

I don’t like either of them, but Matt Jackson especially boils my piss. Thetes a part of me that is sure he’d have wanted to do that Northman Lights Suplex the length of the pitch in full before being outvoted, and rightfully so. And the Superkick means nothing now because of them

• Paid Members
7 hours ago, WyattSheepMask said:

And the Superkick means nothing now because of them

I don't agree with that. Superkicks are a big part of their act. It's all over their merch and in their theme song. 

I think it's the fact that every other fucking person also does them now too.

There’s plenty moves that need lessened across shows . Super kicks are a big feature of the bucks, so should I be lessened in other matches In the show so theirs mean more. Add suicide dives and the 467 moonsaults each show and the ones that do hit stand out more 

Clutch Adams, some indy guy, has been pulled from this week's Dark for tweeting offensive racist and homophobic comments. Someone flagged them up from 2013 and tagged Cody and Tony Khan into them. I'll not link to the tweet but it's easy enough to find if you want

19 hours ago, Louch said:

There’s plenty moves that need lessened across shows . Super kicks are a big feature of the bucks, so should I be lessened in other matches In the show so theirs mean more. Add suicide dives and the 467 moonsaults each show and the ones that do hit stand out more 

Agreed. Given the amount of repetition, I get the impression that workers aren’t watching each others’ matches on a monitor in the back.

Better late than never - SCG Radio returns this week to cover AEW Double or Nothing 2020! Join us for a show recorded the day after the event as we run through the PPV, talk all about the builds, the Stadium Stampede match, Matt Hardy in AEW, a spirited discussion on cinematic wrestling, AEW in its current form, the current state of the commentary team, the successes and failures of the past three months in AEW, and a look ahead at what might be to come. A very fun show this week as we get back on the saddle, check it out and let us know what you think!

https://squaredcirclegazette.podbean.com/mf/play/cpmbe2/SCGRadio159AEWDoubleorNothing2020.mp3