Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted

Blood and Guts confirmed as Inner Circle vs The Elite.

No doubt it'll be an awesome match but a shame it's not a logical payoff to anything right now between those teams. Perhaps it'll be where The Elite finally implode.

  • Paid Members
Posted

Presumably it won't be Matt Jackson in order to further that story of the dissension there between Page and Matt? Or maybe Hangman claims he doesn't need a partner and Matt inserts himself and they end up losing because they can't get on the same page. Either way with Omega injured and Nick Jackson at home waiting for his wife to go into labour, I'd assume Matt is involved somehow. 

I'm quite enjoying this storyline so far. I just hope they don't go to the Hangman heel turn too quickly (if at all), he's great in his current role and more over than ever with their audience, I'm not sure a heel turn is the best use of him.  

Posted
5 hours ago, mim731 said:

 

I'm quite enjoying this storyline so far. I just hope they don't go to the Hangman heel turn too quickly (if at all), he's great in his current role and more over than ever with their audience, I'm not sure a heel turn is the best use of him.  

It'd be a massive misread if they do turn him heel. Listen to the crowd during their Revolution tag - 100% behind Page and nothing but boos for Matt. Matt can do the sad face all his wants, but I think the time for subtlety is over. They've done the slow build for the past year, with the shades of grey, but the crowd are chomping at the bit for this to kick off. Page teasing the Buckshot on Omega was unnecessary muddying of the waters in my opinion. Cowboy-shit beer wizard Page is the people's choice.

  • Paid Members
Posted

I honestly don't think they are intending to turn Page heel. They've said since the beginning that they think the days of cut and dry "heels and faces" are a thing of the past, and while I disagree with them, and think that attitude so far has only really given us runs of Cody and Brandi flip-flopping between which role they're playing today, the Page angle is the first time that it really feels like they're nailing a genuine "shades of grey" dynamic. Hangman, Omega and the Bucks are all faces, they just don't necessarily all get on. 

Posted
3 hours ago, BomberPat said:

I honestly don't think they are intending to turn Page heel. They've said since the beginning that they think the days of cut and dry "heels and faces" are a thing of the past, 

What is MJF then? 

  • Paid Members
Posted
26 minutes ago, Worthits said:

What is MJF then? 

It's a kind of hardboard made of wood chips, I think

Posted
20 hours ago, DavidB6937 said:

Blood and Guts confirmed as Inner Circle vs The Elite.

No doubt it'll be an awesome match but a shame it's not a logical payoff to anything right now between those teams. Perhaps it'll be where The Elite finally implode.

I hate when wrestling companies do gimmick matches just because it’s in the calendar rather than because there’s a storyline reason.

  • Paid Members
Posted
4 minutes ago, King Pitcos said:

I hate when wrestling companies do gimmick matches just because it’s in the calendar rather than because there’s a storyline reason.

Funny.

You might be right. Though Dustin and Hager are in a long running feud stemming from the Cody and Jericho rivalry so it's not like there is nothing there. Depends how they put it together. 

Posted
25 minutes ago, King Pitcos said:

I hate when wrestling companies do gimmick matches just because it’s in the calendar rather than because there’s a storyline reason.

NXT's War Games have been built up well since they introduced them. There hasn't really been any focus on this match for AEW. It just feels strangely timed especially with the talent involved.

Posted
48 minutes ago, King Pitcos said:

I hate when wrestling companies do gimmick matches just because it’s in the calendar rather than because there’s a storyline reason.

This wasn’t just in the calendar, they’ve announced a match and are going to build to it. It isn’t an annual event they have to do just because it’s that time of year.

I hate how much you reach for stuff to have digs just as much as I hate always taking the bait

Posted

Page was outstanding at the end of BTE this week, he's 100% a babyface caring about the condition of Nick even though he's done with the Elite.

  • Paid Members
Posted
57 minutes ago, King Pitcos said:

I hate when wrestling companies do gimmick matches just because it’s in the calendar rather than because there’s a storyline reason.

You just hate it because Tony Khan isn't your real dad and can't tell you what to do.

Posted
1 hour ago, UK Kat Von D said:

This wasn’t just in the calendar, they’ve announced a match and are going to build to it. It isn’t an annual event they have to do just because it’s that time of year.

They do only have 2 weeks to build to it though. Very difficult for any company to build a blood feud between 2 teams in that short space of time worthy of a War Games style match. I wish they'd given themselves more time to have a genuine feud between the two groups. It could've been something really special but I feel on this occasion it's a bit random.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...