The AEW Wednesday Night Dynamite Thread

MPDTT

7 hours ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

Dr Luther has just signed a contract with AEW. I would think he would be a logical fit with the whole Dark Order stuff. I would rather Hardy was given his own storyline rather then be shoehorned into this one

Luther is a deathmatch veteran so mkes far more sense for it to be him.

• Paid Members

I almost want then to hold off on the inevitable debuts of Matt Hardy and Luke Harper until this (hopefully!) dies down and they can run in front of proper crowds again.

One of the best things about AEW is how enthusiastic the crowds are and it’ll be a real shame if these big debuts don’t get the reactions they would’ve gotten otherwise. The way it’s been set-up, I was expecting a huge DDP-IS-THE-STALKER pop when Matt presumably whipped a mask off this Wednesday.

Edited by Supremo

• Paid Members

There's no way it'll happen, but I've now got an awesome scenario in my head where the Dark Order finally reveals their Exalted One, and it's Mil Muertes. Not Mesias or Ricky Banderas, just outright Mil Muertes himself.

16 minutes ago, Carbomb said:

There's no way it'll happen, but I've now got an awesome scenario in my head where the Dark Order finally reveals their Exalted One, and it's Mil Muertes. Not Mesias or Ricky Banderas, just outright Mil Muertes himself.

You bastard. Now I've imagined the grand reveal ceremony, with the DO all decked out like druids but giggling excitedly, only to have the Exalted One's handler reveal herself as Catrina and watch Muertes lay fucking waste to the DO, and we never see them again.

Then we get Muertes vs Penta, which makes me smile.

And now I'm sad.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, WyattSheepMask said:

Have they said where it will be held in Jacksonville? Or are we guessing it’ll be at Daley’s Place again

It's Daily's Place, yeah. Tony Khan's dad owns it. They've said they'll be doing limited audience, with lots of precautions - much easier to do in a place you own.

• Paid Members
42 minutes ago, Supremo said:

A whole episode being recorded at the Hardy Compound is a cracking idea given the current climate.

I for one wish to see Vanguard1 and Skarsgard The Dilapidated Boat again. 

37 minutes ago, CavemanLynn said:

You bastard. Now I've imagined the grand reveal ceremony, with the DO all decked out like druids but giggling excitedly, only to have the Exalted One's handler reveal herself as Catrina and watch Muertes lay fucking waste to the DO, and we never see them again.

Then we get Muertes vs Penta, which makes me smile.

And now I'm sad.

Muertes destroying the Dark Order as a kind of "sacrifice" to mark his ascension was exactly how I imagined it. As you say, a feud with Penta. Then they give Jeff Cobb a Muta-type gimmick where he turns into Matanza. 

I must be missing something, the dark order haven’t been “spooky” to me, and are heels. Broken Matt is a baby face character, why do people keep suggesting him? Especially as Khan has described them as a corporation not a cult group, don’t see the link to Matt leading them at all 

• Paid Members
5 minutes ago, Louch said:

I must be missing something, the dark order haven’t been “spooky” to me, and are heels. Broken Matt is a baby face character, why do people keep suggesting him? Especially as Khan has described them as a corporation not a cult group, don’t see the link to Matt leading them at all 

Broken Matt started out as a heel in TNA. He basically went mad and turned heel on Jeff, prompting their feud.