The AEW Wednesday Night Dynamite Thread

MPDTT

• Paid Members
4 hours ago, Mr Kennedy said:

Are people actually bothered about Matt Hardy turning up in AEW? He’s shit. 

Couldn't give a shit myself but he's a name with a good body of work and the broken stuff is there to be exploited. Wouldn't blame them for going for him.

8 minutes ago, tiger_rick said:

Couldn't give a shit myself but he's a name with a good body of work and the broken stuff is there to be exploited. Wouldn't blame them for going for him.

Good body of work? Barring the TLC matches what else has he done.  I don't see the hype 

• Paid Members
1 minute ago, Michael_3165 said:

Good body of work? Barring the TLC matches what else has he done.  I don't see the hype 

He's been a good hand for 25 years. I'm not a massive fan but to suggest the TLC matches are all there is to show for it is unbelievably dim. The tables match at Rumble 2000 was better for a start.

5 hours ago, tiger_rick said:

He's been a good hand for 25 years. I'm not a massive fan but to suggest the TLC matches are all there is to show for it is unbelievably dim. The tables match at Rumble 2000 was better for a start.

Explain what he has done in the past even fifteen years. Proper quality stuff that didn't involve Jeff, Edge, Christian or the Dudleys. Not denying his legacy but let's not over egg it.. 

Is anyone calling for him to come in and have a huge run on top though? Most of the suggestions have been for him to come in and fuck around with The Dark Order who are firmly a midcard act. He's got a strong creative mind, regardless of if you like his ideas or not he commits to them in a way a few of the AEW midcard could do with learning from and the familiar face would give a boost to a seemingly floundering Dark Order at the same time.

• Paid Members
32 minutes ago, Michael_3165 said:

Explain what he has done in the past even fifteen years. Proper quality stuff that didn't involve Jeff, Edge, Christian or the Dudleys. Not denying his legacy but let's not over egg it.. 

Broken Matt Hardy

4 hours ago, Michael_3165 said:

So @FelatioLips gives a perfectly good list of examples and you narrow the criteria? I’ll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you didn’t see his post.

Besides, what you’re saying isn’t a good way to judge whether or not he can be an asset to AEW. It’s not about looking at what he’s done over a decade ago, it’s about looking at his recent record. He was under-utilised somewhat in WWE, but you can look at the outside-the-box thinking that led to Broken Matt. That became one of the hottest gimmicks in wrestling and it was in bloody TNA of all places. The fact people were aware of it at all is a massive compliment to him.

Even if what you were saying was true (which I strongly suggest it isn’t) it doesn’t matter. It’s not about where he was, it’s about where he is now.

Matt Hardy has been one of the best TV wrestlers of this century. Not all of it is necessarily memorable but he’s had good to very good 5-10 minute matches with a wide variety of people for a quarter century.

He’s not what he was at that but he’s been valuable as fuck for his ability to do that.

He doesn’t have to be your favourite or anything but he’s been remarkably consistent really and has a very fertile mind.

Incredible promo from Jake Roberts and perfect use of a legend. Was on the edge my seat through that whole thing, half expecting Jake to go off the rails. He absolutely nailed it, still sounds like the most dangerous man in wrestling. Felt like a movie villain had taken over the ring.

Fair play if you’re not into cheap heat and giving kids the middle finger, but to look at that roster and point to MJF as the one being too ‘indie’ and holiday camp is mind boggling to me. That’s his best promo yet. Loved how they put a bow on the Cody feud and continued to push forward.

Really solid cool down show this week. Don’t think I ever want to see Chuck Taylor in another competitive singles match.

• Paid Members
6 hours ago, Mr Butternut Squash said:

Don’t think I ever want to see Chuck Taylor in another competitive singles match.

Yeah, that was my only issue with this week's show. I enjoyed his early PWG stuff but not seen anything of him in around 10 years, but now he always looks blown out of his arse 2 minutes into any match.