The AEW Wednesday Night Dynamite Thread

MPDTT

2 hours ago, iPumaPants said:

I believe it's actually a reference to Vince saying on a conference call that WWE aren't doing "the blood and guts" stuff that AEW do.

As unbelievably petty as this is, it is true. But their fans will eat it up as they cry about raw online while watching raw every week. 

• Paid Members
On 3/5/2020 at 3:06 PM, Hannibal Scorch said:

My money is on Jake being the partner/manager of Lance Archer and that is why he didn't show up. Also, he is a tall lad so will work well with Jake alongside him

Boom! 

love Daniels DO sucks video. Solid tag matches as well, though had hoped for an actual surprise for Pages’s tag team partner. I love the state on the name played. Pages this week said “he had not spoken to Dustin Rhodes that day”

still not really invested in the Woman’s division. Why is Bea still getting such a push?

Edited by Hannibal Scorch

Another enjoyable show, although it felt slightly inconsequential in the grand scheme of things.

The Hangman Page/Matt Jackson storyline is by far the best thing in wrestling right now. It feels like a genuine hatred and thee execution of the story, for the most part, has felt fairly realistic.

I’m guessing Hangman’s original partner will show up in the Blood & Guts match. I’m guessing that it’ll be Matt Hardy, but we’ll soon find out.

On another note, Britt Baker has become something of a guilty pleasure for me. That segment was undeniably awkward and a little poorly executed, yet I still found it very enjoyable.

Edited by RedRooster

• Paid Members
13 minutes ago, WyattSheepMask said:

To try and coax her boyfriend probably.

Does MJF dip his hands in shit before each match?

Oh, that was always my thought on why they signed her in the first place. But I cannot see Will going anywhere for the next few years, having far too much fun in Japan

• Paid Members

Has there been any further official talk of a secondary title? It occurs to me with all these trios that instead a singles title a trios title could work well. It would keep from doing loads of singles matches on TV and keep from burning through potential feuds.

Another solid show I thought. Hangman is amazing. I'm actually glad that his partner wasn't a genuine surprise because I feel like it's a good to condition the audience not to expect one every week.

• Paid Members

I think the greatest compliment you can give Dynamite is that even when they have one of these utility shows that exists primarily to get from Point A to Point B they’re still a fun, enjoyable breeze to watch and the logic is clear to see throughout.

They’ve done an excellent job reigniting the feud between the Inner Circle and The Elite and I’m genuinely intrigued to see where all the threads like Jake and Archer and the Dark Order are going, as well as what Darby and Mox are gonna do next. Britt Baker’s career 180 remains something to behold, too. I’d never believe this is the same girl who froze on commentary that first night. Her and Tony might be my favourite part of the show now.

Death Triangle are a great bunch of talented pricks. Pentagon and PAC in particular compliment each other brilliantly. I wonder if a Trios Title is upcoming? They’d be great as inaugural champs.

Plus, there isn’t a single match at Wrestlemania that compares to how much I want to see Adam Page vs. Matt Jackson. That stuff is money.

Edited by Supremo

Tale of two shows for me. The Inner Circle attack on Nick Jackson was tremendous and reminded me of the grit and realism of early NWO beatdown angles. The blood capsule might’ve been goofy for some but I loved the visual of him under the shutter. Everyone reacted in a realistic enough way and it effectively upped the stakes for blood and guts. Loved Dustins promo too. More Dustin in general would be good. 

The Chris Daniels spoof was funny enough and ripped the piss out of a lame duck gimmick. Matt Hardy better be the Exulted One, he’s the only one that can salvage it.

The Britt Baker promo was decent and Big Swole finally getting a mic sounded good. 

Those two trios matches though. Woof. Whether it’s WWE or Dynamite, I just can’t stand “protect everyone at all costs” 50/50 bullshit. Death Triangle came out looking like main event badasses but felt like scrubs by mid-match. The sight of PAC and Pentagon bumping their asses off for Joey Janela like he was Hulk Hogan was sickening. Why do that? The Lucha Bros suck the more I see them unfortunately. Any appeal Pentagon had is long gone.

MJF/BB vs Jurassic Express was amateur hour, with the usual over contrived shit and B and B being painfully late for some spots. And you can see why Luchasaurous is limited to tags. Just give MJF the strong win. Fuck the convoluted distraction shit to protect Marko Stunt at the end.

• Paid Members

Cracking show again. As Supremo alluded to, even the utility shows still deliver. 

Incredible how the Dark Order have gone from an act people wanted to see binned outright to all of a sudden finding themselves at the centre of the most anticipated element of the next episode. If they swerve it now and it isn’t Hardy then they’ll be right back to square one. But even with Hardy being the most obvious and logical choice, I’m still massively intrigued to see if it’s him, but also how they actually pull together the reveal. The resulting broken brilliance thereafter will either be rubbish or genius. 

I couldn’t give a monkeys about it the Blood and Guts match felt rushed or not, whether the Elite and Inner Circle had a proper reason to fight or not - it’s the Elite vs the Inner Circle. In what’s basically Wargames. Not to go full on MPDDT but sign me up. 

I’d be up for a trios title. There’s so many combinations you can role with across the company and the majority of matches will all be exciting to watch. A tournament stretching out over a few weeks will be surely on the cards as we get closer to the next PPV. 

Edited by Fatty Facesitter

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Fatty Facesitter said:

Incredible how the Dark Order have gone from an act people wanted to see binned outright to all of a sudden finding themselves at the centre of the most anticipated element of the next episode. If they swerve it now and it isn’t Hardy then they’ll be right back to square one. But even with Hardy being the most obvious and logical choice, I’m still massively intrigued to see if it’s him, but also how they actually pull together the reveal. The resulting broken brilliance thereafter will either be rubbish or genius. 

Dr Luther has just signed a contract with AEW. I would think he would be a logical fit with the whole Dark Order stuff. I would rather Hardy was given his own storyline rather then be shoehorned into this one

6 hours ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

still not really invested in the Woman’s division. Why is Bea still getting such a push?

I usually have no time for Bea but she's been much better since teaming with Hayter in Stardom. Perfectly fine with her being an opponent for Rose, we probably won't see her in AEW again for months afterwards anyway.

Better Bea than blowing Rose Vs. Shida on free TV.

I'm mildly annoyed that she kept her new look for AEW, doesn't fit her entrance music at all.

Another good show this week.

• Paid Members

One thing I didn't take into account is that next week Dynamite is in Luke Harper/Brodie Lee's hometown. It's also been slotted as his apparent debut episode for weeks - that might work to a degree though rumours have gone pretty cold on his potential signing recently unless I've missed something? Still think Hardy would be the better, more logical fit in the long run mind. 

33 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

Dr Luther has just signed a contract with AEW. I would think he would be a logical fit with the whole Dark Order stuff. I would rather Hardy was given his own storyline rather then be shoehorned into this one

That would go down like a lead balloon. I think he'd fit within the group as henchman if they're really stuck, but not as the leader. They'd be mental to consider that.