The AEW Wednesday Night Dynamite Thread

MPDTT

33 minutes ago, IANdrewDiceClay said:

Jake's mate has to be Luke Harper. That's a pairing so obvious, it'd be fucking tragic if its some small skinny cunt.

They wouldn’t be that dumb. Jake, by today’s skinny geeks standards, is enormous. He makes 95% of the AEW roster look tiny. A manager should never be 6 inches and 75lbs bigger than the guy they’re managing unless they’re a bodyguard type, which 65 year old physical mess Jake Roberts isn’t. 

Another brilliant episode of Dynamite. I hadn't realised how much I missed the feeling of wanting more immediately after a wrestling show had ended until recently. 

The Jake promo was fantastic, and that final line (followed by his actions) was one of the best standalone wrestling promo lines in a long, long time. I'm guessing his client is either Lance Archer, Harper or Jeff Cobb, but who knows? There are plenty of wrestlers currently on the AEW roster who would benefit from having him in their corner. 

I'm really interested in some of the feuds that are potentially brewing, and the prospect of Page/Hager is surprisingly exciting. Moxley had a great first outing as champion, and I'm excited to see who they line up against him after Jericho. I'm really intrigued by the prospect of Moxley/Pac, and I'm stupidly invested in Pac becoming AEW Champion at some point. 

My only real complaint about the show - and it's a minor one - is the fact QT Marshall is now Dustin's tag partner. I don't really understand why, when Rhodes had a far more interesting partnership with Sonny Kiss on Dark recently. QT Marshall is rather bland as far as I can see, I don't really see any benefit in adding him to the active roster at the expense of one of the more interesting undercard wrestlers. 

Edited by RedRooster

• Paid Members
6 minutes ago, Yakashi said:

They wouldn’t be that dumb. Jake, by today’s skinny geeks standards, is enormous. He makes 95% of the AEW roster look tiny. A manager should never be 6 inches and 75lbs bigger than the guy they’re managing unless they’re a bodyguard type, which 65 year old physical mess Jake Roberts isn’t. 

I thought Luke Harper was quite big? He looked quite hefty with Rowan in the Bludgeon Bros.

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, Merzbow said:

Did they? I thought they just announced that he was signed.

Pretty sure that's right - looking at what people are saying on twitter, it looks like the twitter account said he'd debut and then deleted it. So it could just be a social media screw-up, or it could be that they're pacing things out. If they have actually misadvertised, that's a shame, although it looks like it wasn't done intentionally.

5 hours ago, Carbomb said:

I thought Luke Harper was quite big? He looked quite hefty with Rowan in the Bludgeon Bros.

I was referring to the they’d be mad to put Jake with some skinny cunt part of Ians post :) 

Harper is big, slightly shorter than Jake I think. You don’t realise how massive Jake was because his era was full of monsters. But Jake was about 6’6 and 19 stone. 

• Paid Members

What shocked me is that Scott Hall was seen as a giant figure of a man. And Jake is broader, has that big fucking head on him and much taller. He's absolutely massive. As Yakashi says, Jake is deceptive in just how tall he is. Maybe because he didnt have the body of the 80s roiders, he didnt look that big.

2565D9A200000578-0-image-a-7_14232365298