The AEW Wednesday Night Dynamite Thread

MPDTT

• Paid Members
27 minutes ago, Merzbow said:

I don't get Shanna at all, is she Portuguese? Is she French? Why is she now cosplaying as Goku?

I remember when Shanna first showed up on the indy scene; it was a big part of her promotional material that she was from Portugal.

• Paid Members

Much as I love the Broken Universe, I don't think anyone's buying Midcardy as the long-awaited Higher Power of the Dark Order. He's a solid hand and a decent promo when he's going full-on weird, but he's not got that big-time feel.

I'm kind of hoping it's not anyone dark and spooky, it ends up being a complete con job with the mastermind creating a fanatical cult for financial gain. Either that or everyone involved eats barbituates with apple sauce and returns to their home planet.

• Paid Members
9 minutes ago, Merzbow said:

I'm kind of hoping it's not anyone dark and spooky, it ends up being a complete con job with the mastermind creating a fanatical cult for financial gain. Either that or everyone involved eats barbituates with apple sauce and returns to their home planet.

Cliché as it is, I reckon it's a role CM Punk would've been great for if he hadn't signed to WWE. Raven's the cult leader, but CM Punk's the ultimate con-man guru and cynical money-grubber.

• Paid Members

On the face of it, Matt Hardy being revealed as the leader of the Dark Order feels like a disappointment. Still, in front of the Dynamite crowd I'm sure the original reveal will get a huge pop, and who knows? I wouldn't put it past Matt to have some great ideas. It's a crying shame he was turned into a complete afterthought and a creative vacuum after that one Compound deal with Bray Wyatt.

He announced on his YouTube he’s a free agent. And there’s a video that he has put out that sounds like the other end of a conversation the young bucks have at the end of this week BTE