The AEW Wednesday Night Dynamite Thread

MPDTT

I couldnā€™t stop laughing at the Inner Circleā€™s entrance for the main segment. Entertaining stuff all round (not sure about the women, Iā€™m still skipping most of that for now).

It was mentioned in this thread earlier but the Bucks really annoy me, always hanging right over Omega like heā€™s their fucking baby. Then in the interview they did the whole ā€œYouā€™d be nothing without us!ā€ schtick with Page, and insisting they are the best team in the world. Of course theyā€™reĀ the heels...

The fans were great though, super atmosphere to watch along with šŸ‘šŸ¼

2 hours ago, Mr.Showtime said:

The fans were great though, super atmosphere to watch along with šŸ‘šŸ¼

Definitely one of my favourite things about AEW. It's amazing how much an enthusiastic crowd can lift a show, no matter what the content is.

They're not even the annoying type where they're trying to get themselves over. They're actually into the product and having a good time.

• Paid Members

As if they didnā€™t have my money already, they add Pac vs. Orange Cassidy to the PayĀ Per View! Brilliant.Ā Hardly anyone will have seen it but their interaction in a six-man on Dark a few weeks ago was by far the best thing Cassidy has done so far. Canā€™t wait.Ā 

• Paid Members
9 hours ago, Bellenda Carlisle said:

Is that the same tall dude from the rock and rave infection in TNA?Ā 

I remember them but didn't realise it was him as I only remember Christy Hemme from it.

• Paid Members

Great stuff again. What a fantastic go-home angle and sell for the PPV. All of the little tools they have at their hands, they used. Top stuff.

Superb Pac/Omega match. Kenny might have been disappointing but pretending he's not fucking brilliant when the light goes on is equally daft. There's plenty there.

Bonus points for Gary Michael Capetta!

I love how that small push by Matt could mean so much, PAC now has an excuse to losing and Kenny being the prideful babyface should be pissed about it too.

Great match and great show, Sammy v Darby is going to be the sleeper match of the night and I can't wait for it.

Great episode. Really good opener, which was layered well with the Bucks walking Omega to the ring and the loss meaning PAC would have to wrestle Orange Cassidy. PAC went from losing th match he was begging for to being in one of the most interesting matches at Revolution.

Aside from the women the whole show was great. The womenā€™s division needs work, one big charismatic face would tie it all together. Bring in Jazz and ODB.

The weigh in was awesome, the Painmaker Posse tracksuits along with entrance were great. The brawl was loads of fun. TheĀ Lance Archer signing is brilliant, they need big dudes and he is fresh with a great backstory.Ā 

Really excited for Revolution, should be a theĀ best show so far

38 minutes ago, Supremo said:

When wasĀ the last time a PPV was built up as well as Revolution? Iā€™m excited for everything on that show.

Absolutely, I'm half tempted to order it myself and have a lazy Sunday morning watching it.

At the moment they are showing that a couple of hours TV a week and a PPV every 3 months can work in this modern era.

Ā 

Episode was aĀ blast.Ā 

Could have done without some of the overbooking in the iron man matchĀ but thatĀ was utterly fucking mental in the best possibleĀ way. Plus if that was their way of softly introducing DQ finishes Iā€™m all for it. Love the continued upswing of Kenny Omega. Heā€™s even ditched the shitty grey tights and Dora Explorer videotron!Ā 

If this is leading to the Young Bucks heel turn then itā€™s been brilliant, subtle storytelling. QuiteĀ Ā annoying shits theyā€™re turning into.Ā 

Watching JurassicĀ Express pull out new and unlikelyĀ triple team spots is always fun.

Moxleyā€™s headbutt was an awesomeĀ visceral moment thatĀ totally lived up to his ā€˜unscripted violenceā€™ moniker. And Gary Micheal Cappetta!Ā Gutted nobody seemed seem to know who the hell he was.

Canā€™t stand Sammy and the Inner Circle losing all the time but thatā€™s my only real gripe with the show at the moment. Also, Butcherā€™s awesome. Do more with him.Ā 

Don't remember a PPV card that was built this well in like . . . well,Ā ever. Looks class from top to bottom. And holy shit, theyā€™ve even chucked in Orange Cassidy! Canā€™t wait.

Edited by Mr Butternut Squash

I definitely agree about the PPV build. It's been really impressive and they've done a damn good job of making everything seem important. It's something that WWE often lacks, and they offer far too much filler on a PPV. Instead they should be able to make everything matter in its own way, not just the main events.

Was worries about how the Iron Man Match was going to play outĀ as they seemed to go all guns blazing in the first 5 minutes, but they settled it down and it turned out really well.

Still some ropey stuff on there, that Best Friends/B&B Tag match particularly can get stuffed.

Still donā€™t ā€˜getā€™ Orange Cassidy, Yuka Sakazakiā€™s music is what I imagine an epileptic seisure would sound like, but at least The Dark Order stuff was kept to a minimum.

ā€Holy shit, whatā€™s that?ā€ someone remind JR that his mic is live for the whole night.

Surprised that they just dropped in that Lance Archer had signed rather than having him do something at the PPV, but I suppose it depends what theyā€™ve got planned for him.

That weigh-in segment though,

3_oCNsWditGwsQCQjAsH9PbVfQ0=.gif

Enjoyed the sit down interview, I bet The Young Bucks are a right pair of dicks in real life

• Paid Members
35 minutes ago, DavidB6937 said:

I definitely agree about the PPV build. It's been really impressive and they've done a damn good job of making everything seem important. It's something that WWE often lacks, and they offer far too much filler on a PPV. Instead they should be able to make everything matter in its own way, not just the main events.

In fairness, they're brand new. They've done a great job and this was note note perfect for a go home show but they do have the advantage of almost everything being fresh. Whether it's a fresh match, a new feud or just something like OC's first singles match that they have up their sleeve.Ā 

They've done a brilliant job of making Dustin vs. Jack Swagger feel important and turned the Page stuff into a genuinely intriguing tag title match which they deserve credit for. Be interesting to see if they're still doing that in a year or so when they've burned through a lot of matches.