The AEW Wednesday Night Dynamite Thread

MPDTT

• Paid Members

Echo the Schiavone love, always thought he was great and been wonderful having him back. Anyone else worried they will transition him to a Mean Gene interviewer role though and put Taz in his place? Just the feeling I've been getting last few weeks. While Taz has been good would be a big mistake IMO. They need Tony in the booth to keep it flowing.

Whilst I enjoyed this episode, I think there's still a lot of filler on the show.  The women's division is pretty dreadful.

And bless him, one of my all time favourites, but Jericho needs to not take his top off ever again.  There's committing to the gimmick, and then there's looking like shit. He wrestles like a man ten years younger, but has the physique of a man ten years older.

Put the belt on Moxley and never let him take that eye patch off.  He looks cool as fuck.

10 hours ago, Maverick said:

Echo the Schiavone love, always thought he was great and been wonderful having him back. Anyone else worried they will transition him to a Mean Gene interviewer role though and put Taz in his place? Just the feeling I've been getting last few weeks. While Taz has been good would be a big mistake IMO. They need Tony in the booth to keep it flowing.

I really don't see the point in Taz. Although there's no doubt he can do the job, he's nothing special and strangely seems to have a sub-JR tendency to go searching through his vocabulary at random instead of trusting himself to react. I suppose it could be a knock-on from his years being told what to say on Smackdown. Taz is a safe hand rather than a good one, someone I'd trust in the booth with a trainee on Dark, but keep him the hell away from the main show.

Tony's got that ineffable mix of authority and sincerity. You trust him to hold things together on headsets or in the ring. And then he'll bust out his little story on Countdown about Statlander's boop sending him to another dimension, with that warm cheeky chuckle at the end.

My two man booth for Dynamite would definitely be Skiavone and Excalibur. Excalibur's heart, knowledge and enthusiasm are in the right place, but he needs the guidance of a vet like Tony to teach him how and when to drop in the geek knowledge and when to elaborate more. JR doesn't know what day it is, so he can clear right off, or maybe work on backstage production or writing away from a live mic.

And one last thing for Big Tone - I absolutely love "And what about that -".

Edited by CavemanLynn

JR is one of the best ever at conducting sit down interviews. Once a week give him a few minutes doing that while he also works on backstage stuff.

Matter of time before he really fucks up while Nyla Rose is performing if they keep him on the announce desk with a live mic 

these shows are Just an easy watch, and I leave them invested in what’s happening next. Just really simple stuff, a guy walks out when someone’s being interviewed and a match is set up. Then when you have something more complex later it stands out. The crowds we all expected to be full of idiots react to all the right things and make everything happening seem bigger as a result. . The reactions Orange Cassidy is getting as people just get into the fun of it. Darby Allin just reeks of presence as well in his own completely different way. If Goldust vs Swagger was on Raw this week everyone would skip it. And here it’s a big selling point of a ppv. Those road to shows are brilliant in offering a different way to sell a show as well in showing a more serious sports side. 

Luther Vs Havoc? They're trolling us with that fued. But as long as it's kept to Dark and ends up in a bloodbath it's fine.

What are the chances that Archer ends up as Spears tag partner? I've liked Spears in his heel roll but it seems to have fallen into comedy Dark territory with the silly partners so far.

• Paid Members

Young Bucks & Cody panel from C2E2 last night. Cody lets slip that they are doing three UK shows in 2020 and says at the PPV

they are announcing a gimmick match at the PPV that is sure to piss WWE off. Got to be War Games right? presumably with a different name like TNA did with Lethal Lockdown.

Edited by DEF