The AEW Wednesday Night Dynamite Thread

MPDTT

36 minutes ago, Supremo said:

I’m way more interested in him just coming in as Broken Matt and doing dumb vignettes than I am him being the leader of the Dark Order. Stick Luke Harper in that position.

Totally agree

AEW needs to watch how many ex wwe guys they bring in, especially ones that are 45 and have been jobbers for years. Not saying this won’t work out, but they don’t want to go the TNA route of just hiring ex guys because they’re there. 

6 minutes ago, Yakashi said:

AEW needs to watch how many ex wwe guys they bring in, especially ones that are 45 and have been jobbers for years. Not saying this won’t work out, but they don’t want to go the TNA route of just hiring ex guys because they’re there. 

Agree and that's something I think Cody has also been clear on. Matt Hardy I have no issue with- he'll be over like rover and will bring so much creatively. Brodie Lee on the other hand  I couldn't give 2 hoots about.

1 hour ago, Yakashi said:

To be fair, an absolutely knackered Matt Hardy is still a better investment than Tye Dillinger.

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, Yakashi said:

So how much time do people who leave WWE have to wrestle on the Indy’s before they are not considered an ex WWE guy?

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, Supremo said:

I’m way more interested in him just coming in as Broken Matt and doing dumb vignettes than I am him being the leader of the Dark Order. Stick Luke Harper in that position.

I'm not expecting the leader of the Dark Order to be a main eventer. Outside of one segment, they've been midcard as hell. I don't see that changing with the leader revealed. It'd be a millstone around Harper's neck. Better for Hardy, Colt Cobana or even Shawn Spears.

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, Chris B said:

I'm not expecting the leader of the Dark Order to be a main eventer. Outside of one segment, they've been midcard as hell. I don't see that changing with the leader revealed. It'd be a millstone around Harper's neck. Better for Hardy, Colt Cobana or even Shawn Spears.

I think it should be another former WWE member:

WWERawGM.0.0.jpg

Just stick a laptop on a table with a Dark Order logo and it's done. 

Edited by Carbomb

• Paid Members
37 minutes ago, Supremo said:

The Shield Fist Bump pose, but with middle fingers? Chris Jericho is the best.

I didn't really get that. Thought the triple powerbomb was a nice subtle touch but you're right, they did both. No over-sell either, didn't go on and on about the other company like Russo would have had them do in WCW.

Hangman Page is my favourite thing in the world right now. I genuinely celebrated (without leaving the sofa) when he hit that lariat.

Edited by tiger_rick

42 minutes ago, Supremo said:

I’m not sure Jake the Snake going on the road weekly is the best idea in the world.

Gonna assume that has already been taken into account and DDP will be about plenty of things get tough. Being responsible fo Jake falling off the wagon is exactly the type of bad press AEW do not want.