Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Paid Members
Posted
9 hours ago, Mr Butternut Squash said:

What japanned to all the hard lasses you used to get in joshi? The Chigusas/Lionesses/Hotta’s etc.

Is it down to the brutal AJW style dojos being a thing of the past (I’m guessing)? Or is it simply not big enough to attract that range of athletes anymore?

With the exception of Asuka they’re all a bit fluff these days. 

There's still a few out there, but the way the Joshi scene as a whole dealt with it's decline in popularity in the late early '00s (as most Japanese wrestling went through a similar decline due to the rise in popularity of MMA), was to rebuild itself with more focus on Idol Culture, which has led to much more of a cutesy angle to the current generation of talent.

Meiko Satomura's Sendai Girls promotion feels spiritually closest to GAEA as an inheritor of the AJW style, and Chihiro Hashimoto (one of their top talents) is closer to an AJW hoss than she is to a Yuka Sakazaki. 

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, LaGoosh said:

Pretty good falls count anywhere match with Janela vs Sabian on Dark this week. 

I wish they put vignettes and BTE stuff on Dark. If they did itd be a tidy little show. At the moment it feels missable. 

I haven’t watched Dark in a while, but last time I did they had plenty of interviews and vignettes. Has that stopped now?

I pay for some YouTube plus thing so never see if something is monetised, I’d assume all their videos are? Surely that means they make more money from having several videos rather than one really long one. 

Edited by UK Kat Von D
Posted

Yeah he's a good signing for sure, he's grown a lot in the past few years at New Japan and I hope it translates well to AEW. I can't help but think he's giving Mox a kicking at the PPV because they've had previous over the IWGP US title.

Posted
28 minutes ago, iPumaPants said:

For those subscribed to AEW Plus on Fite...are the shows available on demand immediately after the live airing? 

Yes. I usually watch them Thursday at 5am-7am before going to work

Posted
16 minutes ago, TildeGuy~! said:

Huge get for AEW

His 2019 in New Japan was amazing.

I agree...but not going to do anything to heal the rift between both companies

Posted

Unless it’s a deal similar to Jon Moxley (and Chris Jericho, to a degree) who has dispensation to appear on New Japan shows when it’s called for? 

*Though I note he’s not in the New Japan Cup, which he would have otherwise been a lock for given the 2019 he had and how much they put over his use of the iron claw.

Also, Mikey Rukus is not a bad music producer but I’m not sure he’ll come up with something that matches the intensity of the glove-like ‘Everybody Dies’ ?

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...