The AEW Wednesday Night Dynamite Thread

MPDTT

1 hour ago, King Pitcos said:

Ambrose had been allowed to swap the gas mask for an eye patch in WWE

What a stupid way to condense the hours of venting Moxely has done on pod casts. AEW are lucky that he wanted to carry on working after the way the Vince and the WWE system broke him down 

• Paid Members
14 hours ago, King Pitcos said:

If Jericho had taken a counter-offer from Vince, and Ambrose had been allowed to swap the gas mask for an eye patch in WWE and stuck around... what would the top end of the AEW card look like? At the time when Tony and the boys decided to set up the company, they can’t have known for sure that those two would be available. But it’s hard to imagine how the shows would look without them. Jericho in particular, because who would have been the top heel? Neville wasn’t available at first.

I don't think AEW would have even happened without Jericho.

If it did, I imagine Cody, Omega and eventually PAC would be the top few, or else there'd be more focus on the tag division as the main event scene.

• Paid Members
6 hours ago, Merzbow said:

I'm starting to feel bad for shitting on Havoc so much but fuck, that Dexter wannabe promo on "Road To" will be one of the worst and least convincing promos of the year.

He want's you to suffer. And you certainly will once you sit through this nonsense (starts at the beginning of Jimmy's promo)

Edited by Hannibal Scorch

• Paid Members

I’d completely forgotten Havoc even worked there. Assumed they’d came to their senses and popped him in the bin like they have the Nightmare Collective.

What a contrast in quality though. Going from that strapping angle, which somehow is even better in slow-mo with dramatic music played over the top, then immediately cutting to that dafty trying to sound intimidating over his crap scran. Oof. God bless the lad for trying but it’s not going to work, is it?

Edited by Supremo

• Paid Members

Nice bit on BTE this week, continuing the extra info about Hangman distancing himself from the Elite. He seemed to think everyone was catching up backstage, and nobody showed. They were actually at ringside supporting Cody, but Page missed it and went on a spiral.

While I don't want MJF to receive any comeuppance yet, it was dawning on me that they have a set-up for a lovely moment - the point where MJF is mocking Cody for not being able to touch him, and the Elite turn up to beat the shit out of him, because nobody said Cody's friends couldn't do it.

They've already played the I can't touch you but they can card though. Would still probably get a react I guess.

I'm torn on the eventual match though. Cody finally getting revenge would be a great moment but a battered and bloody MJF stealing a victory might be even better.