The AEW Wednesday Night Dynamite Thread

MPDTT

2 hours ago, WyattSheepMask said:

So, the title switch has gone down well on social media.

Don’t have twitter but I’m sure it’s something along the lines of “it’s the women’s belt, not then men’s” or about how AEW is trying to be “woke”. 

I understand why people have issues with trans-women in sport and the related issues surrounding unfair advantage etc

However, pro wrestling is a work so regardless of whether you’re a massive transphobe or not I’m really struggling to see why people take issue with Nyla or with a trans person “competing” in pro wrestling. It’s all about presentation at the end of the day and Nyla has been presented wonderfully so far.

That opening tag match was wicked, one of the most enjoyable TV matches I've seen on Dynamite ever. Can someone explain to me though, why there were two lads who came down in this in the aftermath of it?

d03d2a12ca7cb22bd0dbd3a317cca32b.jpg

Enjoyed this episode overall - whatever you think about AEW's marketing, the way the crowds react at each show actually seem to make sense and reinforces what I'm thinking while watching the matches and angles. Lots of simultaneous stories and characters that interact with each other in a logical way makes for compulsive viewing and actually makes me want to tune in. Iron Man match should be a belter next week.

• Paid Members

A small thing I noticed for the first time - the little intro graphic for each wrestler is silver for everyone except champions, who get gold. And the top 5 contenders appear to get their number to the side as well. While the 2020 rankings being highlighted is still weird, the rankings are beginning to make more sense too - overall, the presentation of this stuff is becoming stronger. I loved 'days sober' for Hangman and Omega too.

21 minutes ago, Chris B said:

A small thing I noticed for the first time - the little intro graphic for each wrestler is silver for everyone except champions, who get gold. And the top 5 contenders appear to get their number to the side as well. While the 2020 rankings being highlighted is still weird, the rankings are beginning to make more sense too - overall, the presentation of this stuff is becoming stronger. I loved 'days sober' for Hangman and Omega too.

As we’re wrestling fans that like to over analyse things, being 13,000 days sober would mean that Omega has a sneaky drink when he was 9 months old

• Paid Members
13 minutes ago, IANdrewDiceClay said:

Arn's got to be turning on Cody in the cage in Atlanta right? And break his leg, like they did to his Dad at the Omni? The Arn and Cody team looks set up only for Arn to turn.

I'm hoping that comes later. Have MJF beat the shit out of him while Cody's trapped in the cage. Then, later, have Arn turn on Cody in revenge.