The AEW Wednesday Night Dynamite Thread

MPDTT

• Paid Members

Jeff Cobb is a bit of all right (as opposed to Jake Hager, who's a bit of alt-right).

His PWG run was/is entertaining but he won't be putting on classics. He's a great TV wrestler though, so I hope he sticks around. Nice surprise.

As for the episode itself, the EVPs of AEW should get into heated debates about the creative direction of the company more often as that was another solid Dynamite. The matches won't blow you away but the feuds are bubbling nicely with some great angles & segments. The in-ring is decent, saving the big stuff for PPV.

Nyla Rose as women's champ is promising, but the backstage bit after was crap. You've got Tony Khan there, Leva Bates & Kenny Omega being a bit of a tit. Less of that would be grand. Also, I totally understand why Nyla would be pissed with that awful reception. Weird segment.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Joe Blog said:

He was Matanza in Lucha Underground as well. 

Oh, wow - that's definitely cool. Haven't seen much of Cobb as Cobb, but if the comments above are anything to go by, it sounds like Matanza is the most interesting he's been thus far.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Accident Prone said:

As for the episode itself, the EVPs of AEW should get into heated debates about the creative direction of the company more often as that was another solid Dynamite. The matches won't blow you away but the feuds are bubbling nicely with some great angles & segments. The in-ring is decent, saving the big stuff for PPV.

Absolutely. For all the talk of there being tension amongst the EVPs recently, it’s seemingly helped the promotion massively. Ever since they came back from the Christmas break it’s been a far tighter, more focussed show, with a lot of the worst stuff either being demoted to Dark or abandoned entirely. I totally understand that the in-ring style isn’t for everyone, but I don’t think anyone can deny they’re doing a hell of a job building up this PPV. 

AEW are still only a few months in, they are showing willingness to change stuff and finding their grove. Just a complete contrast with Wwe’s refuse to change their plan attitude of the last decade. Good to see they haven’t just fallen into the wwe lite mode tna would fall back into after all their reboots 

29 minutes ago, Merzbow said:

"The king of the women's division" was a bit of a blunder from good old JR there, I doubt anything bad was intended but you just can't do that. He's a disaster waiting to happen.

Thing is I think pretty much everyone expected him to fuck things up and show little enthusiasm for anything that he isn't into.

• Paid Members
21 minutes ago, Louch said:

AEW are still only a few months in, they are showing willingness to change stuff and finding their grove. Just a complete contrast with Wwe’s refuse to change their plan attitude of the last decade. Good to see they haven’t just fallen into the wwe lite mode tna would fall back into after all their reboots 

I've fallen out of the habit of watching every episode, but this is what I like about them. When they do something wrong, it feels redeemable - mistakes are being made, but honestly made. Whereas when WWE do something wrong, it feels like it's already been through so much micromanagement that it's been done wrong exactly the way they intended. 

23 minutes ago, The King Of Swing said:

Thing is I think pretty much everyone expected him to fuck things up and show little enthusiasm for anything that he isn't into.

True but a lot of the fuck ups could be taken as something far more insidious, even if they're not.

It's a bad look for a company trying to portray themselves as progressive.

1 hour ago, Supremo said:

C117C34C-BA73-42B7-A004-F73C1A8CF421.jpeg.a0aea42e27fda2ce6b8e136f081daed2.jpeg

“Geoff he cannae see, man!"

To think i tweeted earlier about forums teaching people not to post stuff that will get them torn apart and I do that typo 😂