The AEW Wednesday Night Dynamite Thread

MPDTT

That Havoc promo was abysmal, but I'm not sure the blame can be solely laid at his door for it. Ultimately the buck stops with the booker, producer, or whoever else signed off on it. Do they give people like Havoc any brief or direction as to what they want from a promo? Isn't someone there when it's being filmed to say they don't want the horrible Dexter wannabe act? It was pre-taped, if whoever was in charge wasn't happy they could have re-done it (especially since it didn't appear particularly time sensitive, in that it didn't appear to be promoting a particular match or event). Blame them too!

• Paid Members
6 hours ago, King Pitcos said:

When Jimmy Havoc was "good", was this when Progress were still doing the "we're punk rock lol fuck u vince mainstream sux pg sux" gimmick? 

Outside of branding themselves as "punk rock wrestling" (which was actually more in relation to their live shows feeling a bit more like rock gigs than your standard wrestling show) they never had that as a gimmick.

4 minutes ago, The King of Old School said:

Who the fuck is Jeff Cobb?

One of the best wrestlers in the world, not looking forward to his match with Moxley though, they had a match in New Japan last year and they didn’t gel at all.

Edited by TildeGuy~!

• Paid Members

On paper, Cobb’s a good signing, and I’m not at all surprised AEW signed him considering how much Meltzer praises him. But personally, I’ve never been that impressed. Super athletic, sure, but I can’t remember ever being particularly blown away by any of his matches and he felt like one of the most boring participants in last year’s G1.

wJt0Aal.jpg

I’m guessing that Tony Khan has never hugged another human being.

That bit with all the Tag teams coming out after the first match, only the Bucks got a reaction. TH2, fucking state of them

That guy with his Austin 5:12 t-shirt every five seconds, fuck off  you knob

Edited by WyattSheepMask

• Paid Members

Jeff Cobb is fun, but him being brought in as a Jericho lackey really highlights what a waste of a signing Jake Hager has been so far. The Inner Circle already have their big beefy enforcer with legit credibility, but the fucker hasn't even wrestled yet, so they need a new one.