The AEW Wednesday Night Dynamite Thread

MPDTT

Definitely the right time to pull the trigger on Nyla. Losing to Riho again would have been a disaster for her imo.

Honestly I think Riho will probably be better chasing titles than actually holding them for any length of time anyway. She's over though which is what really matters.

Wonder if they do a rematch at the PPV or something different.

Should they actually turn Hangman Page? He's over like crazy and to be honest I've really grown on his team with Omega.

The Bucks of Youth. That's Mauro levels of shit.

• Paid Members

I think they've done it the right way round in terms of letting the title run get Riho over as a babyface, so she's better positioned as a believable babyface chasing the title now than if she'd never won it in the first place.

My main concern is where things go for Nyla Rose as champion - she can steamroll through a few babyfaces, but the wrestler they've been building up most in the division is Britt, who's a heel, so unlikely to face a heel Nyla in a big match, and the two Kongs are both out of the picture in terms of being able to do a Lady Hoss Fight. It feels at risk of being directionless. I'm also not really a fan of both singles titles being on heels, because you risk repeating the same dynamic in your title matches.

"The Bucks Of Youth" is how Matt Hardy used to refer to the Young Bucks in his Broken gimmick, so I'm guessing it was a joke on that.

PAC cemented himself as the most dangerous man on the roster when it became apparent he's filming vignettes in Newcastle, in the winter, in full gear, wet hair and everything.

In all seriousness though that video segment was fantastic, just the way they shot Newcastle like some mysterious film noir location and him in it lent the whole thing a sense that he's a proper dangerous bastard.

Really enjoyed that episode although I was knackered and had to turn off during the main event. 

For all people online complain about Riho, the crowd get really into her matches and it's telling that Nyla has looked ropy as fuck anytime Riho hasn't been in the same match.

The Hangman/Omega story continues to be excellent and is a real highlight from a match quality standpoint as well as the character development. I can't help but feel that the last person to turn in this will be Hangman. Omega and the Bucks arguably need the reset more anyway.

Edited by BrodyGraham

• Paid Members
4 minutes ago, BrodyGraham said:

PAC cemented himself as the most dangerous man on the roster when it became apparent he's filming vignettes in Newcastle, in the winter, in full gear, wet hair and everything.

In all seriousness though that video segment was fantastic, just the way they shot Newcastle like some mysterious film noir location and him in it lent the whole thing a sense that he's a proper dangerous bastard.

They should have had him re-enacting Michael Caine lobbing Alf Roberts off a multi-storey car park for added effect.

Thought that was an incredible episode to be honest. They’re finding their groove this year and have developed into a fairly polished two hour variety show. That Santana sit down, the PAC and Darby Allin vignettes, Dustin’s fiery promo, the Jeff Cobb package . . . All shit I love to see. Well shot and produced bits and bobs that build characters and hype the coming matches. The PAC thing was tremendous and a perfect way to cast him. He really feels like a dangerous nut on the warpath with an axe to grind. The lines about Kenny being a bust in AEW give me faith that they’ve got something bigger picture planned for Kenny Omega.

Riho/Nyla is their women’s Flair/Steamboat. Doesn’t say fuck all obviously but it’s easily the best women’s match since their first, which was great. Right result as well. Hopefully they find a better way to utilise Riho. She’s a fantastic underdog babyface and I’m not hearing it any other way.

It’s sounds nerdy as fuck but I was so happy watching MJF vs Jungle Boy. A little peek at what will surely be the first of many encounters between two future players. They already work off each other really well. It was great to finally see MJF in a proper match. The heat for him is brilliant  and the old school heel work is so refreshing among all the flips and dives. I loved the finish too, it’s about time they put that ring to use. Simple. Great.

Says it all when Jericho was barely featured, Cody wasn’t there at all, and it still felt like arguably the best show yet.

The PPVs building very nicely. Put Orange Cassidy into a singles match and it’s a steal.

Edited by Mr Butternut Squash

• Paid Members

That was a tidy, good little wrestling show. Enjoyable and easy to watch, I'm intrigued to see next week's battle royal, tag match and main event. I'm looking forward to the Iron Man in 2 weeks. And I want to see what happens at Revolution. 

Job well done.

• Paid Members
1 minute ago, thevestofdeanambrose said:

I'm really enjoying AEW, but that Tony Khan hug jeez, as someone mentioned previously I'm not sure he has ever hugged anyone before haha. 

It was supposed to be awkward surely? The whole point of that segment was that Rose was expecting the big celebration folk usually get when they win titles, but everybody is just fucking terrified of her. That's why Leva Bates looked so confused about why no one else was clapping.

Good show overall. That Britt Baker promo is the biggest surprise of 2020 so far for me. She's been my least favourite thing in wrestling for months but that was actually pretty good. It was also nice to see them using the vignettes with Pac and Allin, the sit down interview with Santana, etc, to move storylines along rather than just relying on matches, backstage segments and Being the Elite to move things along. Pac, in particular, looked like an absolute star and he didn't even need to wrestle.