Today I learned...

SpursRiot2012

On 6/27/2022 at 10:49 PM, Carbomb said:

Just looked that up. Fucking hell. Proper Elvis/Jerry Lee Lewis.

To be fair, dating a couple of 15 year old girls is just the equivalent of dating one 30 year old woman.

• Paid Members

That the song 'Digsy's Dinner' by Oasis was inspired by a real-life Digsy, and the song contains the word 'lasagne' after Mr. Digsy was caught randomly singing a little ditty about the cuisine during a soundcheck. 

I've been down something of an Oasis/Gallagher brothers rabbit hole over the weekend. I'm not terribly sure if that's a good or bad thing. Mad for it our kid. 

Edited by Fatty Facesitter

• Paid Members

Today I learned that the guy who composed the classic theme tune to Thomas The Tank Engine worked at The Beatles' Apple Studios, and took inspiration from Mean Mr Mustard for the tune.

• Paid Members
6 hours ago, Nostalgia Nonce said:

Today I learned that the guy who composed the classic theme tune to Thomas The Tank Engine worked at The Beatles' Apple Studios, and took inspiration from Mean Mr Mustard for the tune.

Is it too much to hope that that’s how Ringo got involved?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderators
On 7/7/2022 at 6:19 PM, Nostalgia Nonce said:

I randomly watched this video about the theme tune recently, lot of music theory type stuff but it was kind of hilarious how insane the theme is:

6 hours ago, David said:

On Paul Walker, TIL his final words before he died in that car crash:

Hide contents

“Hey, let's go for a drive.”

He said that a lot though, usually waving a bag of sweets out of the window as he said it.