Today I learned...

SpursRiot2012

• Paid Members

That we’re not the only country to have Mrs Browns boys 

@Carbomb my first job in TV was at a post production house in Soho and they were editing the DVD. Joe Cornish came in to film interviews of Edgar Wright. One night one of the editors asked if I wanted to see some deleted footage and I saw Cate Blanchett without the helmet on and Peter Jackson and Edgar Wright having a laugh on set with him in the Santa outfit. I don’t think ever made the DVD release.

Edited by Hannibal Scorch

• Moderators
On 2/24/2022 at 6:42 PM, Hannibal Scorch said:

Today I learned people think microwaving cheese to spread on toast is a perfectly normal thing to do. 

Not that I'm on the side of the cheese microwavers, but you and your "gravy" ain't one to talk.

• Paid Members
46 minutes ago, neil said:

Not that I'm on the side of the cheese microwavers, but you and your "gravy" ain't one to talk.

You can fix gravy by adding more water. I can accept thick gravy is a crime, but it’s nothing like microwaving cheese. It’s scientifically wrong. The Maillard Reaction Isn’t possible in a microwave.

• Paid Members

The distance between Australia and New Zealand is about the same as the distance between the UK & North Africa (about 2100-2200 miles) 

TIL (courtesy of the brilliant @TOTPFacts) Pre- Pet Shop Boys, Neil Tennant was news editor and then assistant editor of Smash Hits. Before that he was an editor for Marvel UK, anglicising the US comics, and for ITV Books, working on things like the Look-In Pop Annual.

• Paid Members

Had his finger in everything music related from about 1987 to 1991. You don't hear much of Chris Lowe's backstory and he was the one battering the keyboard.

Wikipedia claims that Chris Lowe wrote and produced Arsenal's Ian Wright's only single.

Edited by bAzTNM#1

• Paid Members
4 hours ago, SuperBacon said:

TIL (courtesy of the brilliant @TOTPFacts) Pre- Pet Shop Boys, Neil Tennant was news editor and then assistant editor of Smash Hits. Before that he was an editor for Marvel UK, anglicising the US comics, and for ITV Books, working on things like the Look-In Pop Annual.

I wrote to Marvel as part of a School Letter writing thing when I was about 10 asking how to become a comic writer.  Got a lovely letter back from the editor of Marvel Uk comics at the time going through what he did and advising me to keep a notepad of ideas close to hand.    Kept it, and found out a few years later that it was from him.