Today I learned...

SpursRiot2012

• Paid Members

Shitpeas was great. He was there first as well. Presumably Al Davies stuck to directing rather than following Brooker to Netflix to do the "Death To..." stuff. Diane Mirgan must have turned up on there because there's a new Cunk series on Netflix this year, apparently.

• Awards Moderator
2 hours ago, Keith Houchen said:

Cunk was, and still is, the piss break during Brooker shows. 

No that'll be the Tim Key bits.

2 hours ago, Keith Houchen said:

Shitpeas > Cunk. 

No argument there. But when Cunk said in one episode "but what is clocks?" I didn't think I'd stop laughing.

Diane Morgan can currently be heard doing the voiceover for those Zoopla ads, which means she's alarmingly comfortable with leaving housing to market forces instead of seeing it as a fundamental human right. I therefore conclude that Cunk on Britain was just being off the wall for the sake of it rather than genuinely satirical. 

Edited by Fog Dude

• Paid Members
8 hours ago, BomberPat said:

The original plan was for her to be a really posh public school journalist who was clearly thick as pigshit, and Brooker didn't want Diane Morgan using her own accent as he felt it turned the character into something else, but she won him over.

I now have an image of Brooker dressed like Brother Love insisting that was never the plan and that we shouldn’t believe everything we read on the internet.

1 hour ago, Keith Houchen said:

Today I learned 1985 by Bowling For Soup is a cover version. 

And the original was only released two months before the cover.

Apparently SR-71 - the band who wrote it - wrote it specially for Bowling For Soup, but Bowling For Soup didn't want to be seen as being a band that has songs written for them like pop acts do so asked the band to release it themselves first so it could be classed as a cover instead.

• Paid Members

John Travolta's late wife Kelly Preston portrayed Ulala at American promotional events for the original Space Channel 5 on the Dreamcast. 

• 2 weeks later...