Today I learned...

SpursRiot2012

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Tommy! said:

Poundbakery is a subsidiary of Warburton's.

taylor swift GIF
Fucks sake. This has gutted me. 
@SuperBaconthe best chippy in my neck of the woods got some local Facebook grief  he has a sign saying “Our kebabs are non halal” so ponce central took the hump claiming he was racist. Some people pointed out that a halal kebab is the default, you assume all kebabs are halal so he was making it clear in case someone thought their kebab was ok for them  

Of course, there were absolute wronguns trying to make out the most offensive part of it all was kebabs shouldn’t be in a chippy to begin with  Thankfully I was able to alert the authorities and hard drive checks were carried out  

10 hours ago, Tommy! said:

Poundbakery is a subsidiary of Warburton's.

Sayers (parent company of Pound bakery has been independent for ages)  Warburtons sold all their bakeries in the mid 1990s 

Poundbakery nearly went bust in 2019 https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/1400-jobs-saved-pound-bakery-17445481

59 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

Wait. So it’s ok to have Pound Bakery again? This day couldn’t get better if the queen dies. 

Yip, Poundbakery is fine. 

5 hours ago, Tommy! said:

Poundbakery was a subsidiary of Warburton's.

When? 

Sayers who own Poundbakery were sold to Lyndale foods in 1996. The brought out in 2007 and 2011 and most recently as per my previous link.

Poundbakery was launched in 2010/11

Sayers own Website confirms the Warburtons stuff

http://www.sayersthebakers.co.uk/About-Us/The-History-Of-Sayers/3/78/

Poundbakery has never been a Warburtons subsidiary 

https://bakeryinfo.co.uk/news/sayers-quietly-expands-new-bakery-concept/614676.article

Mandela effect going on here, maybe?  

TIL I know way more about bakeries than I ever planned too

• Paid Members
47 minutes ago, patiirc said:

TIL I know way more about bakeries than anyone is interested in

Quite

49 minutes ago, patiirc said:

Mandela effect going on here, maybe?  

No, I read Sayers was owned by Warburtons and Sayers owned poundbakery. Didn't know that had changed. You corrected that and I made a light hearted omission of my error. I wasn't expecting a fucking audit on the history of the highstreet bakery businesses of Britain about it.

• Paid Members

I’m really confused. When a couple of Sayers I pass on my travels became Pound Bakery I assumed it had been taken over. Boy did I hit the head on the nail.

• Paid Members
6 hours ago, Frankie Crisp said:

All Gerrard’s fault if she *clears throat* slips away.

So just to repeat, Queen Elizabeth II is not dead. Unless she went in the night and is yet to be discovered by the maid.

Partridge GIF

• Paid Members
5 hours ago, Carbomb said:

All this bakery back-and-forth makes me long for the days of the Batch-Cob-Roll-Whatevs debates

No muffins, no toast, no tea cakes, no buns, baps, baguettes or bagels. No croissants, no crumpets, no pancakes, no potato cakes and no hot cross buns. And definitely no smegging flapjacks!

…. Ah, so you’re a waffle man!