Today I learned...

SpursRiot2012

• Paid Members

I'm actually genuinely worried by this, mainly because of the era we're living in. In the past, when there's been an incident like this (e.g. Dunblane), the response of government and law enforcement has been to come down hard on guns and gun ownership in terms of licencing, legislation, and framework.

My fear is that this country has been so permeated by American right-wing libertarian bullshit in recent years, and this version of the Tories are so keen to emulate it, that they might actually start trying to come up with a version of the 2nd Amendment in this country, and, worse still, get support for by a vocal minority of cretins.

• Paid Members

He got done for a quite bad assault and allowed his guns back. Whole thing is mental. Whole "Incel" thing is major weird too. Why can't they just say they can't get laid? I can't get laid but I'm not "Incel" or weird shit like that. Seems an excuse to knock about women because they ain't getting any.

Edited by bAzTNM#1

23 minutes ago, bAzTNM#1 said:

Why can't they just say they can't get laid?

Because that would suggest the fault lay with them.

The incel view is that women have an active conspiracy to lock them out of sexual relationships. That's right, half the world's population have it in for them.

It never occurs to these guys that they are unwashed, ungroomed, creepy weirdos with extremely backward ways of thinking.

Interesting that someone posited on TV yesterday that this should be considered an incel inspired terrorist attack.

I think it absolutely is an ideology and therefore is terrorism.

• Paid Members
17 hours ago, waters44 said:

TIL Alfred Hitchcock didn’t have a belly button

That can't be true surely, unless he was genetically engineered in a lab like some GELF.

Edited by Tommy!

• Paid Members

I unfriended Alan from Shed Seven a couple of months back when he became more vocal about his views. He’s against venues insisting on vax checking / testing so he left the band.

Edited by Monkee