Today I learned...

SpursRiot2012

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Keith Houchen said:

I think since FIFA screenshots of this started doing the rounds, NGA is the abbreviation used for Nigeria. 

There were a few of Germany vs. Niger (their flag looks like the Indian one except the central circle is all orange), but I don't know if they were photoshopped. The fact that people screenshotted them and thought they were Nigeria would suggest that maybe it actually happened at some point, then they edited.

EDIT: Scrub that. Quick Google says that Niger's abbreviation is NER.

Edited by Carbomb

1 hour ago, Mr_Danger said:

Duncan Jones of Moon, Source Code and some shit films is the spawn of Bowie.

Can’t find it now but on Twitter he answered the “What movie traumatised you as a child” with Labyrinth and a picture of Bowie in his skin tight pants!

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, jazzygeofferz said:

The reason Scrooby Doo can speak is because he's descended from an ancient god. 

https://scoobydoo.fandom.com/wiki/Anunnaki_(Scooby-Doo!_Mystery_Incorporated)

Fucking lame retrospective cannoning.

Various other dogs - including those that weren't in his bloodline - could also speak.

• Paid Members
11 minutes ago, Nostalgia Nonce said:

Various other dogs - including those that weren't in his bloodline - could also speak.

Most of them with far more clarity than him, which does raise some uncomfortable questions.

I think my favourite things about Scooby Doo are that nothing about the concept, or any of the plots, relies on him being a dog at all, and that in a series where the entire premise is that anything that's seemingly magical or supernatural will always have a mundane explanation, no one ever questions the existence of multiple talking dogs.

4 minutes ago, bAzTNM#1 said:

What the feck? Thats even more insane.

It’s not like they give them out willy nilly, they all have to be signed off by top plod and have character references from people of good standing, but I really think it’s a case of who you know and who they know down at the lodge.