Today I learned...

SpursRiot2012

Now this could be complete bollocks as this is all my own research. And by research I mean 10 minutes browsing Wikipedia, but...

From 1990 until their title was overtaken in 2009 by Dizzee Rascal when he released Tongue n' Cheek - which contained four number one singles - the most successful British rapper was... John Barnes. Three Top 5 singles, one being a Number One, 28 weeks total in the charts. Stormzy has only just about equalled his record in 2019 but even he didn't have his first three singles in the Top 5.

1 hour ago, wordsfromlee said:

New Order based 'World In Motion' on the theme they wrote for the BBC2 current affairs show, Reportage, in 1988.

The players who bothered to turn up for the recording had a competition to see who would do the rap. One of the contestants was Peter Beardsley. Can you imagine how brilliant that would’ve been??!!

2 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

The players who bothered to turn up for the recording had a competition to see who would do the rap. One of the contestants was Peter Beardsley. Can you imagine how brilliant that would’ve been??!!

Wonder no more my friend.

13 minutes ago, wordsfromlee said:

I think this may be common knowledge but I only found out today that Andre Agassi wore a wig while playing since 1995. That’s six grand slams and an Olympic gold medal. 

Think your dates are slightly off there. He speaks about his fear of it coming off in the 1990 French Open final.

Still, this picture makes perfect sense now. spacer.png