Today I learned...

SpursRiot2012

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, JNLister said:

Today I learned that in 1984 a man was asked to compose an album of library music for TV shows and pretty much everything on it is still used today, including da-da-daaaaaah!

https://www.apmmusic.com/albums/KPMK-1329

It's a strangely comforting listen. Familiarity from recognising so many of them.

3 minutes ago, scratchdj said:

Today I learned that Si King from the Hairy Bikers was the locations manager on the first two Harry Potter movies.

Wasn’t the other one a make up artist / special effects artist on some famous stuff as well?  

Today I Learned The Mighty Mighty Bosstones are/were from Boston and that I’d missed the massive clue in their name. 

• Paid Members

I didn't learn it today, but I did discover that there's a book out which contains loads of the old Panini sticker albums, but with all the pictures filled in. There was no price anywhere to be seen though. 

IMG_20220116_154708.jpg

Edited by jazzygeofferz

• Paid Members

TIL that the beluga sturgeon, where the caviar comes from, is on the “critically endangered” list, because of being fished for the caviar.

Fucking tossers. Eat the rich.

• Paid Members
4 hours ago, ReturnOfTheMack said:

Wasn't today, it was Thursday, but turns out I'm the line manager of a guy who played football in the 80s/90s and is generally considered one of the hardest players of all time. 

I think he's one of the gruffest, but nicest guys ever. And far more intelligent than his reputation would suggest.

Did you post that the other day and mention who it was? Because I swear I saw that and even read the blokes wiki. I remember it because he played for Reading briefly. Unless I’m going completely mental. 

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, waters44 said:

Did you post that the other day and mention who it was? Because I swear I saw that and even read the blokes wiki. I remember it because he played for Reading briefly. Unless I’m going completely mental. 

He mentioned it in Paid, which is fair enough - think it's OK to mention it there, as there's a bit more privacy.