Today I learned...

SpursRiot2012

• Paid Members

I've been a long time connoisseur of Deep Heat, and know the applications and effects of this wonderful potion well.

Today I learned that if you spread it a little wider than intended, and get it into your armpit, it hurts like fuck.

I thank you.

• Paid Members
50 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

(Was on a podcast about Franco so not entirely sure if it’s true) Only Cambodia has more mass graves for disappeared people than Spain. 

I googled for more details out of interest, was the podcast this https://www.wbur.org/lastseen/2022/03/01/a-hole-in-the-silence

2 minutes ago, mim731 said:

TiL Tony Mortimer from East 17 was one of the 4 pall bearers at Reggie Kray's funeral. WTF?

Mortifyingly (or Mortimerfyingly) I went to this. 

Not the actual funeral, but me and 2x other mates put on our best trousers and shirts and went to "pay our respects" 

This was at the height of Lock, Stock, Dave Courtney in FHM/Front/Loaded etc, and being enamoured by tales of The Blind Beggar, and Bethnall Green, reading those horrendous "Dan the Daggerman from Dagenham" books and all that bollocks. 

I remember one of the "big" ones, Mad Frankie Fraser maybe, made a big deal out of us coming down and called us "good boys" and offering us a drink like a nonce, as we hung around outside a pub with no money and just 10 Sovereign Blacks between us, trying to look hard.

I cannot believe I'm confessing this. It's so embarrassing looking back.

And to tie it all in, my first ever concert was East 17 at Hammersmith on their Steam Tour. Amazing.

Alright, alriiiiight, everything's gonna be alriiiiight. 

• Paid Members
On 1/26/2023 at 3:22 PM, Gus Mears said:

0% chance this isn't code for arsehole and balls.

Why on Earth would I put it on/in my arsehole and/or balls? What could possibly happen to those areas where Deep Heat would be a potential solution?

Alas, nothing quite so amusing. I had to push a car up a slope by myself and did my shoulder a mischief from leaning it into the frame. Deep Heat was applied all around the top of the arm.