Today I learned...

SpursRiot2012

2 minutes ago, deathrey said:

Hindu extremism is a real problem in India at the moment, if they served beef, it's likely that employees would be dragged out of the resteraunts and given a public beating unfortunately.

There was some violence in Leicester last year (I think)  where hinduvta were bussed in and fought with local Muslims. I’m sure we know how the media portrayed it and who was the instigators. 

Am I right in saying that Hindutva is similar to Zionism in the respect of wanting an ethnonatiinalist hierarchical state, how some Hindus are “Proper” Hindu and others aren’t or have I got that all arseways?

That's pretty much it @Keith Houchen. Sadly, the current Prime Minister not only condones the Hinduvata activity, he actively encourages it (see the Gujrat riots when Muslims were massacred under his watch as chief minister there). 

India is sadly unsafe for any Indian that is not Hindu at the moment - and high caste Hindu at that if I'm honest, low caste Hindu's are having a very tough time too and think things are only going to get worse. Adolf Hitler's Mein Kampf is apparently a very popular book with them, I remember reading an article a year or so ago where they said it was one of the most downloaded books in India. Seeing quotes from university students as to why it appealed so.much to them was just baffling.

The government are currently gunning for Punjab and Sikhs with venom at the moment (that's me and my family). I wouldn't be surprised if there is a repeat of the 1984 genocide in the next couple of years. The government are slowly killing off or arresting anyone that speaks out for Punjab (see the death of Punjabi Sikh rapper Sidhu Moosewale last year, the day after his state funded security was pulled). My parents keep going on about going back to Punjab as my mums sister has recently had a near fatal aneurysm and my dads oldest brother is 90 and is his kidneys are shutting down but it just isn't safe for them.

Sorry if I went on a bit of a rant there! The situation in India really saddens me, it's hard watching history repeat itself.

Edited by deathrey

The Punjabi farmers protests from 2020 are probably a good place to start in regards to what is happening in Punjab. The BBC recently did a documentary about Modi, I didn't actually watch it as I find it all quite depressing but I think that will give an idea of his antics, it was called 'The Modi Question'. It was banned in India. 

• Paid Members

Things have escalated today. Internet in a large part of Punjab has been cut off. The disgraceful Punjab police have either arrested or are hunting Amritpal Singh. Amritpal has gained notoriety for leading a movement that promotes NOT using drugs and other intioxicants. The actions of the Indian government deserve strict suspicion. Ideally this situation will be calmed quickly. Unfortunately history shows that the  Indian government has a habit of murdering it's own citizens.

Yeah, I've been watching that unfold on Instagram today, it's very reminiscent of 1984. International governments have too much to gain from being on good terms with Modi so it's unlikely anything will happen. Look at the shitstorm that hit Rihanna when she asked why no one was talking about the Farmers Protests, western politicians are actively looking the other way.

Hot water bottles have a made by date on them, I only found out because I was showing people at work my latest satsuma segment sized blister from using a hottie to ease my back and I was told you should only use them for two years after they're made. The one I burnt myself with last night was made in August 2011.

I haven't informed Mrs Wiseau about my latest burn, she won't be happy with me even though it's been at least a year since the last one 

2 hours ago, SuperBacon said:

Erm, why?

Errr... I don't think I have an answer to that, it seemed like a natural thing to do at the time but now you've questioned me on it I can see it might be viewed as odd (on the ukff of all places)

I was saying how my ribs felt like I'd been hit with a hammer then touched my chest and felt something odd and just said "I haven't got a blister have I?" And the three people around me looked horrified. At least it's on my ribs.