Today I learned...

SpursRiot2012

• Paid Members
On 10/20/2022 at 7:08 PM, seph said:

that Looten Plunder, who's name checked in the Captain Planet credits (and has one line) is only in 14 episodes and voiced by James Coburn.

There was an all-star cast for Captain Planet. Jeff Goldblum and Meg Ryan voiced villains as well, LeVar Burton from off of out of Star Trek TNG did the voice of Kwame, and Whoopi Goldberg voiced Gaia. That's just off the top of my head. They're all listed here. 

https://m.imdb.com/title/tt0098763/

I still remember seeing a newspaper article about how this new Captain Planet cartoon was going to be even more popular than the Turtles and deciding that I wouldn’t like it out of spite. I’d watch it but I wouldn’t enjoy it. Wrestling fans are born not manufactured.

Edited by Mr_Danger

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, jazzygeofferz said:

There was an all-star cast for Captain Planet. Jeff Goldblum and Meg Ryan voiced villains as well, LeVar Burton from off of out of Star Trek TNG did the voice of Kwame, and Whoopi Goldberg voiced Gaia. That's just off the top of my head. They're all listed here. 

https://m.imdb.com/title/tt0098763/

Presumably it stems from it being a Ted Turner project, so he likely just threw money at it? 

• Paid Members
1 minute ago, BomberPat said:

Presumably it stems from it being a Ted Turner project, so he likely just threw money at it? 

yes, but also it was a massive environmental awareness cartoon, so people who were campaigning at the time about saving the planet like Sting, (no not that one, that one) were eager to be on it. 

2 hours ago, Mr_Danger said:

Captain Planet cartoon was going to be even more popular that the Turtles

The other day I learned the Turtles theme music was written by abysmal sitcom mogul Chuck Lorre. He also wrote French Kissing In The USA for Debbie Harry

• Paid Members

How to animate in Canva. I'm a simpleton, so whilst I can amend templates within After Effects and knock a couple of basic bits and pieces together, anything beyond that feels like the mental equivalent of climbing Everest, or Fuji, or Grapes Hill in Norwich after a night out in my formative years. 

Canva's free option is really good. The pro option is even better as it gives you much more to work with. There's still a few things I'm working out but I find it to be ridiculously user friendly and the in-built templates are great. At the moment I'm trying some basic animations to showcase how much something costs and how much something weighs in terms of tonnes - once I'd worked out how to add the different elements separately I was really pleased with what I'd knocked together. The background remover tool is surprisingly very smooth as well, again, much more user friendly process than trying to correctly use the lasso tool in Photoshop. 

Edited by Fatty Facesitter
I can edit animations, but not spelling apparently

• Awards Moderator
50 minutes ago, Fatty Facesitter said:

How to animate in Canva. I'm a simpleton, so whilst I can amend templates within After Effects and knock a couple of basic bits and pieces together, anything beyond that feels like the mental equivalent of climbing Everest, or Fuji, or Grapes Hill in Norwich after a night out in my formative years. 

Canva's free option is really good. The pro option is even better as it gives you much more to work with. There's still a few things I'm working out but I find it to be ridiculously user friendly and the in-built templates are great to work with. At the moment I'm trying some basic animations to showcase how much something costs and how much something weights in terms of tonnes - once I'd worked out how to add the different elements separately I was really pleased with what I'd knocked together. The background remover tool is surprisingly very smooth as well, again. much more user friendly process than trying to correctly use the lasso tool in Photoshop. 

I've used Canva for years. It's so smooth and simple. I do most of my web graphics in there and it's constantly evolving.

Anything more complex and I go straight to Photopea.com. Identical to Photoshop except you're not giving money to Adobe.

• Paid Members

A pilot for Blackadder was filmed, but never broadcast. The episode got adapted into the episode Born To Be King, but is quite different. John Savident plays, I say John Savident plays the King, but he seems much more Tudoresque. The Queen is a pastiche of Elizabeth the firsf. Edmund and Baldrick's roles are much closer to how they are in the other three series, and a different actor altogether plays Baldrick. It's an interesting watch. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members
3 hours ago, SuperBacon said:

Mr Beans girlfriend is called Irma Gobb.

My cousin is a massive fan of Bean, so years ago we got him a book - Mr. Bean's Diary. Basically printed to look like his planner with his weird plans and ideas scrawled in it. There is mention there of him meeting Irma; he's so infatuated with her, he writes the following poem:

"Irma Gobb has got a job

At the local library

She does her job, does Irma Gobb

At the library down in Highbury"

Edited by Carbomb

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

Declan Donnelly from off of out of Ant & Dec and Dixie Carter from off of out of TNA are cousins. 

• 2 weeks later...