Today I learned...

SpursRiot2012

• Paid Members

I'd always read they were based off one of the devs family, and the original name was Laura but they changed the name over some publisher request. Not that that's true mind.

Edited by Tommy!

Inbreeding in dogs is sick, and Crufts is basically an international animal cruelty expo.  The number of bulldogs you see with severe hip and breathing issues.  Poor bloody animals.

• Paid Members

I know you should soak up the culture and cuisine when you’re abroad, but me and my girlfriend got a big McDonald’s when we were in Barcelona to cure our hangovers. They had some great stuff on that menu. The white chocolate Kit Kat McFlurry being the highlight. 

That Shamrock Shake is a big no from me. 

Bet it's like drinking a big jug of toothpaste.

Also McDonalds in India is delightful. The veggie offerings here are piss poor and I'd rather not eat than have Maccies in England.

Edited by deathrey

1 hour ago, deathrey said:

The veggie offerings here are piss poor and I'd rather not eat than have Maccies in England.

Agree. McPlant isn't too bad, but that's mostly down to the distinctive McDonald's sauce IMO. Could be any quality of patty in there if I'm honest.

Blimey @deathrey you weren't kidding!

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

I'm assuming they don't sell beef products, not even for Westerners? And also, unless I'm being blind they don't sell soft drinks?

Edited by SuperBacon

Looks like they've got rid of the Aloo Tikki burger, that was my favourite!

No, no beef from what I remember, and the menu was 50/50 between veggie and meat offerings - the meat was mainly chicken.

On tap soft drinks are not really a thing in India, fizzy drinks tend to come in glass bottles. I'm guessing it wasn't worth McDonald's stocking them as they are sold everywhere in shops and by street vendors. Street vendors will literally park up outside Maccies so they would have always been undercut.

7 hours ago, deathrey said:

On tap soft drinks are not really a thing in India, fizzy drinks tend to come in glass bottles. I'm guessing it wasn't worth McDonald's stocking them as they are sold everywhere in shops and by street vendors. Street vendors will literally park up outside Maccies so they would have always been undercut.

I was looking at the menu for North & East India. It seems that the South & West menu does have soft drinks including a coke float :(

I was going to add that actually, that my experience of India is mainly of the North and bits of the East. The other parts of India are like different countries with their own languages and culture/customs so may be completely different!