The Official UKFF RAW Thread...

d-d-d-dAz

• Paid Members

Edge is a great example of looking back at wrestling with rose-tinted glasses. It's easy to remember the TLC matches, the Cena and Undertaker feuds and see him as ace. But that's ignoring the interminably shit feuds he had with the likes of Kane, Alberto Del Rio, Swagger, Big Show and Jericho. For every decent program he had he'd follow it up with 6 months of shite. It's probably the bookings fault more than his own, but it sours me on him anyway.

Not to forget he had the shittest Spear going.

• Paid Members

I thought that this was an unpopular opinion, but maybe not!

Perfectly adequate midcarder but Edge was pushed way above his natural celing during a time when star power was falling off a cliff.

Everything about him screamed midcarder. He was fine in the Brood and tagging with Christian. But buying him as a genuine main eventer? No chance.

The period of time including him on top showed just how drastically the product had declined. I feel sorry for anyone of the age that he'd be considered a legend.

Edited by garynysmon

• Awards Moderator

Edge is one of my faves. Never the very top tier and I wouldn't argue otherwise but I've always enjoyed his stuff. He had more good runs than a lot of people in the 21st century managed. But even saying that, I don't think I want him to make a Saudi Comeback. 2002 Edge against the likes of Styles, Bryan, Joe, Reigns, Revival etc would be great. 2020 Edge ... can't say I'm eager for it.

Edited by HarmonicGenerator

• Paid Members
38 minutes ago, ElCece said:

I don't want to be hipster but I always much preferred Christian. 

Christian's feud with Randy Orton over the big gold belt in 2011 was better than anything Edge ever did as a singles guy. Always much preferred him as a comedy tag guy.

Edge had that feud with Matt Hardy. Outside of that he’s an utter bore. Seth Rollins of his day. Hopefully he goes to the unwatchable Smackdown and doesn’t shit up Raw by pretending he’s a legend.

Can’t believe there’s another Saudi show during Wrestlemania season. Are they gonna drop Fastlane/Elimination Chamber? This years build could end up even messier the last.

Edited by Mr Butternut Squash

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, ElCece said:

It always makes me livid when Reigns spear gets slaughtered but Edge never seems to get called up for his.

Pretty sure Edge was slaughtered for ages for his at the time. Justifiably too - I remember people referring to it as the 'running hug'.

• Paid Members

I'm a fan of Edge. His World Heavyweight Title stuff with Undertaker on Smackdown was top drawer, his feud with Cena was great and almost all of his Rated R bit was entertaining at the very least. He's quality in my book.