The Official UKFF RAW Thread...

d-d-d-dAz

• Paid Members

Like Rick and Supremo said, there's definitely a focus on certain people on the show. They are trying to give certain people a leg up, and some of the 50/50 booking has taken a backseat while they match the people they are trying to elevate with those who are clearly positioned on the ring below. All that is good. It's early days though, with only the Rollins/AOP Vs Joe/Owens/Mysterio stuff feeling like you can see where they want to end up (Elimination Chamber version of war games, winner Vs Brock at Mania? That's where I'd be headed, and go with whoever is hotter out of Owens, Rollins or Joe and position Brock accordingly).

It's just seriously long though. It's the YouTube video clips for me these days and that's digestible and I don't miss anything. 

The wedding was pure camp nonsense, but then that's in keeping with the whole angle. It's been absolutely dreadful apart from Rusev having an uncanny ability to be great at anything he does. 

One thing that does seem clear is how legit Joe seems as an absolute bad-ass as opposed to Owens who tries but has to resort to his 'too-cool-for-school' lines etc.
Agree with what has been said about a clear focus on certain wrestlers, and that's great. It will take a while for the show to regain it's shine but if they keep slowly building the new talent they want to be the focus then it could become a decent overall watch.

To me, Kevin Owen’s character has been yanked about so much over the years it’s impossible to truly invest in him as a legitimate top babyface, as good as he is. He’s more Big Show than Stone Cold. Still, the stuff with him and Joe is fantastic. I’m totally ready for a badass babyface Joe run. I was bouncing in my seat watching him steamroll through the AOP in the opening segment, that big boot was a thing of beauty. I’d go all the way with Joe and have him take that belt the fuck off Brock. 

Raw is as easy a watch as a three hour wrestling show could be at the moment. I like continuity being a thing. Love how they tied together the stuff between Rey and Seth for his US title loss. The Orton injury angle was completely daft but Randy’s in top form. 

Murphy/Black was banging. No 50/50, just Buddy looking tough in defeat. Drew’s the man. Him treating Ryder and his mate like complete scrubs was utterly hilarious.

The reaction to the wedding all seems a bit much. It was barely the worst thing on this show let alone the worst thing ever. It was just too long with a bunch of people nowhere near interesting enough to pull it off.

In its way, The Street Profits completely bombing was a thousand times worse. Sad to see two charismatic guys lumped with material so fucking bad they can’t overcome it. Goofs. I can see Vince watching that and using it as justification to beat them like a drum.

Also, Charlotte and her push are  insufferable. It doesn’t help that she’s blatantly been phoning it in since Becky took the spotlight. But they seem to think she’s beyond being a traditional heel/babyface, and that banging on about being a Queen and a ten time champion is enough to make you give a shit. Yet, here she is, getting an even smaller reaction than Natalya. Fucking Natalya!

• Paid Members
56 minutes ago, RedRooster said:

Brock’s ‘Mania opponent will be interesting this year, there’s no obvious choice at all. If they’re hell-bent on doing Reigns/Wyatt, they could do worse than have Bryan win the Rumble and choose to face him.

There could be a few too many head drops in doing that match again for poor old D-Bry and his porridge brain to handle. 

Edited by WeeAl

Bet you're all feeling embarrassed now. Slagging off Vince and WWE for being shit and Raw being too long and them not having a clue what anyone wants any more. What a 2020 Raw. What a surprise in the main event. Wow. He even got a WE WANT BIG SHOW chant.

WE WANT BIG SHOW.

WE WANT BIG SHOW.

You won't be saying that at Mania when he faces Kane. Fucks sake.

• Paid Members

Credit where it's due, they did an excellent job of lining up next week's show as they went off the air. Much better week to week booking.

I skipped through the show a bit, for time limitations more than anything, but it was far more focused than Smackers and had much better and more meaningful matches. The US Title rematch, the tag triple threat they've been building to, the six man with the surprise partner were more important than anything on the other show.

I managed to spoil the identity of the partner while putting a YouTube video on for the kid. Doh.

Only really painful part was fucking Lashley and Lana again. Still, at least we've finally got the threat of this thing ending. Fuck them if Morgan turns on Rusev to drag it out.

McIntyre is getting over as a face isn't he? Here's hoping this clicks for him.