The Official UKFF RAW Thread...

d-d-d-dAz

5 minutes ago, GarzaJnr said:

Does their Youtube channel have like a 20 minute recap of the best bits of Raw then as I would rather watch that then waste 3 hours every week watching Raw as WWE is so boring/bad lately.

Why do you want to watch a 20 minute recap followed by the whole show? Just watch one or the other.

• Paid Members

Those two buggers are stealing a living. If there has ever been two people more fortunate for who they had aligned themselves with elsewhere, then i'd like to see them. They should each be giving AJ a finder's fee of that $700k a year downside they are getting for making them seem half relevant. 

Apparently these lads were good in Japan as well, kind of like Albert and Kenny Omega. I have my doubts. 

I enjoyed Gallows on the US indie scene as the wild giant brawler. The OC couldn't be more lame. Even if their booking hadn't sucked, they're so lame and boring they're hurting Styles by association.

Seth Rollins on the other hand looks a thousand times better with two heavies at his sides. Great prick move having him beat down Rey with his own weapon. They might salvage Seth yet, some good stuff the last couple of weeks. 

With the out of nowhere appearance of Deonna Purrazzo you'd hope they've finally realised how thin the division is. I love Becky Lynch. Just when she's looking stale and dead she'll do a cool little promo to reframe things and get me invested again. Now she needs a to deliver a good PPV match. And keep it simple this time please, straight one on one. No Charlotte, no gimmicks and no bullshit.

Brilliant babyface showing by Randy Orton in the main event. One of the rare times him doing the bare minimum didn't bore my tits off and actually added to the match.

• Paid Members

What a crazy decision to do that Samoa Joe angle on a taped Christmas show that no-one is watching.

Great moment though. Feels like all is right in the world now Seth Rollins is a slimy heel and Samoa Joe is a badass babyface stepping up to him.

Did anyone else notice the really obvious crowd sweetening?  How long has Raw been doing that?

The Joe angle was great.  Everything else you can skip.

• Paid Members

I think they only sweetened the crowd this week because it was recorded last Monday, after the fans had already sat through last week's three hour show. Frankly, I'm surprised anyone was still in the building by the time Joe stood up like a boss.

It probably won't last but it's nice to be going into the new year with three proper top babyfaces in Rey Mysterio, Samoa Joe and Kevin Owens. Hopefully we get a couple of blistering 6-man tags in the upcoming weeks.

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, Supremo said:

It probably won't last but it's nice to be going into the new year with three proper top babyfaces in Rey Mysterio, Samoa Joe and Kevin Owens.

I just find that completely frustrating. They've had the opportunity to go with Owens and Joe long in the past when it would have meant far more and haven't. They're a fucking pain in the arse for that. They've always got to hang on to the coat tails of the same guys too long while they burn through all the fresh and promising ones. Then every fucker gets a run anyway at some point but always when they're no longer worth the snot off the end of your nose.

5 hours ago, Supremo said:

What a crazy decision to do that Samoa Joe angle on a taped Christmas show that no-one is watching.

Great moment though. Feels like all is right in the world now Seth Rollins is a slimy heel and Samoa Joe is a badass babyface stepping up to him.

Yes agreed, they are not both perfectly cast.
Joe banging the back of his head on the edge of the table made me wince though.