The Official UKFF RAW Thread...

d-d-d-dAz

11 minutes ago, Pinc said:

Did any of the Arsenal players routinely assault/attempt to murder Sol Campbell while he was a Spurs player?

well no, obviously, but I would imagine that's what we're supposed to believe now. Raw pays wages, and Smackdown pays wages. not WWE.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Ricc1PW said:

well no, obviously, but I would imagine that's what we're supposed to believe now. Raw pays wages, and Smackdown pays wages. not WWE.

You'd have to imagine it because they've never attempted to explain it. They're not currently even explaining who is behind the Raw crew fighting back against NXT. We know HHH is leading the NXT charge but neither Raw nor Smackdown have anyone in charge. So these people aren't fighting for anyone or anything.

Not that it matters anymore than the rest of the output at the moment.

3 hours ago, Ricc1PW said:

Why are wrestlers prepared to team with hated rivals and defend their brand having being on the opposite brand a few weeks before?

well I don't know, but it's possibly the same reason the likes of Sol Campbell could turn out for Arsenal having being a Tottenham player just a week before.

Arrogance. None of them want to be on the losing brand. For the most part, teaming up makes more sense now when most of the feuds are about competition/titles, compared to the original brand split when they still did storylines and were threatening to have monkey sex with each other’s wives. 

It’s only really NXT that’s dodgy now, if they’ve got lads doing Wargames against each other on the Saturday out of pure hatred but then being mates on the Sunday.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

Usual caveat of YouTube highlights but that was a really good show. Rollins being a douche to everyone, eating a stunner from KO, then seemingly aligning with AOP was great for him.

Lining up four guys for AJ and having a fatal fourway is WWE 101 but it worked for a fun title change and set up Styles with Orton who he has good chemistry with. Hopefully this gets the title onto McIntyre because he needs something. 

That was one of the best green mistings ever. Ref looks a bit of a dumb fuck though.

Really not sure what I think of Stone Cold Rusev. This storyline should be death but he does keep getting a reaction.

• Paid Members

They’ve saved Seth’s career going with the natural heel turn playing off his piss-awful personality in real life. That opening promo was fantastic and the new character, for obvious reasons, fit him like a glove. Easily the best thing Seth has done in months. I hope he goes to the extreme and starts calling himself and AOP, “Shield 2.0” or something. If I didn’t know better, I’d think CM Punk vs. Seth Rollins is looking pretty fucking likely for Wrestlemania now. 

It leaves an opening for Raw’s number one babyface though. This show seemed to suggest it’ll be Kevin Owens taking the spot but I was convinced he was eventually heading to NXT. He seems tailor made for the Wednesday Workrate War. Perhaps they’ve decided to go with Mysterio, which is why he’s suddenly winning again after being on the brink of retirement a few weeks ago.

What can you say about the Rusev thing? It might have been constant, endless shit for the longest time, but there’s no denying it worked on the night. He came across great killing Lashley whilst in handcuffs. It won’t last but for the time being I’m happy to see him doing so well. I love Rusev and he’s been criminally underused for what feels like forever.

• Paid Members

Announcing Seth Rollins as the locker room leader was top trolling.  Not keen on Shield 2.0. I wonder if it will be his Inner Circle. 

I think they may push Randy as top baby face, but hope I’m wrong on that. This was also the first time the Rusev angle wasn’t awful. Great bump off the stage.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Supremo said:

I hope he goes to the extreme and starts calling himself and AOP, “Shield 2.0” or something.

I wondered if they might go with something dumb like "The Sword" as a play off The Shield, hopefully not, but I definitely see them referencing it with whatever the name is for the group.

Raw could do with a big heel faction (not counting The OC), and I'd almost advocate putting the belt back on Rollins, maybe at the Rumble, if he's being flanked by a stable of goons so they can have whoever is the new top babyface run the table to get to him at Mania.

14 minutes ago, mim731 said:

I wondered if they might go with something dumb like "The Sword" as a play off The Shield, hopefully not, but I definitely see them referencing it with whatever the name is for the group.

Raw could do with a big heel faction (not counting The OC), and I'd almost advocate putting the belt back on Rollins, maybe at the Rumble, if he's being flanked by a stable of goons so they can have whoever is the new top babyface run the table to get to him at Mania.

Didn’t they already do exactly this with Rollins and everyone hated it?

• Paid Members

I'm honestly surprised how much they've mentioned the Shield - particularly with the double Powerbomb at Survivor Series, it feels like an invitation for people watching to think, "oh yeah, Dean Ambrose, whatever happened to that guy?", Google him, and discover  AEW. Not how they'd have done business in the past at all.

This absolutely felt like the salvation of Seth Rollins' career, he knocked it out the park tonight and the group of him and AOP could be really good.

For me Kevin Owens in the cool baby face the company have been screaming out for and I really hope they strap the rocket to him. Coming through adversity over the next few months and winning the Rumble would be a tremendous story.