The Official UKFF RAW Thread...

d-d-d-dAz

1 hour ago, TheBurningRed said:

Was there any hints on the show about any Raw matches on the ppv other than the obvious route of Owens vs Rollins?

I get the feeling they are building towards a ladder match for the us title. Also looks like rusev/lashley, black/murphy, charlotte/asuka (or a tag match with Lynch).

Absolutely love Samoa Joe on commentary. Such a relief to have a calm, credible, genuinely funny guy doing heel colour rather than some screaming ego. Might be my favourite WWE commentator in decades.

Love Drew inheriting WALTER’S deadly chops. Him and Orton together has been gold. Looks like the two of them are having a right laugh. Drew could start feeling like a main eventer again if they carry on.

Kabuki Warriors/Charlotte was really good, especially when Kairi wasn’t in there. Best Charlotte’s looked in ages. The last month of lazy, illogical booking has really fucked them over though.

Eric Young as the scrappy undercard guy was a pleasant surprise and I like that they’re adding wrinkles to AOP’s characters.

Things seem to get worse by the week for Ricochet. Him coming out to save his best mate Randy Orton (who couldn’t give a shit about him) to zero pop, only to get beat down by the O.C without getting a single bit of offence in. . . it felt like a parody on modern WWE babyfaces. Then he loses again at the end of the night. Super heroes are, in fact, real.

Edited by Mr Butternut Squash

• Paid Members

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dR7W-jFomc4

It wont embed for some reason but this was by far the most interesting thing to come out of Monday and they didn't even show it on TV, Becky Lynch talking about her, "one last debt," she wants to collect. I'll spunk everywhere if it's Ronda one-on-one.

Also, shout out to Jerry Lawler's tribute to Jim Cornette and Jim Ross, attempting to do Asuka's accent at 01:20 of this clip.

It's been a good week for stupid old bastards letting pseudo racist bollocks slip out.

Edited by Supremo

31 minutes ago, Supremo said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dR7W-jFomc4

It wont embed for some reason but this was by far the most interesting thing to come out of Monday and they didn't even show it on TV, Becky Lynch talking about her, "one last debt," she wants to collect. I'll spunk everywhere if it's Ronda one-on-one.

It's Asuka: https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=50&v=4yeGmXtneGc&feature=emb_logo

• Paid Members

What a disappointment! Oh well, it's not all bad. Much like with Daniel Bryan a year ago, turning Asuka and Kairi heel despite how insanely miscast they are for that role has still injected a huge amount of life into them. It'll never be ridiculous that Kairi Sane is a baddie but if it means they're at the top of the division actually doing stuff with Becky and Charlotte then I'm all for it. Those four are leaps and bounds ahead of the dead Smackdown division.

• Paid Members

I quite liked the Seth thing. It's a complete knock-off of Bret Hart in 97 and it's fucking criminal they're doing it now with Rolins rather than with Roman Reigns a few years ago, but still. Good stuff. Makes a change for them to actually listen to their audience and for someone to turn heel and have a proper reason behind it rather than the usual, "the WWE Universe doesn't deserve an explanation!" shit. I hope Seth smashes it as a heel so that we see more of this going forward.

Edited by Supremo

39 minutes ago, Supremo said:

I quite liked the Seth thing. It's a complete knock-off of Bret Hart in 97 and it's fucking criminal they're doing it now with Rolins rather than with Roman Reigns a few years ago, but still. Good stuff. Makes a change for them to actually listen to their audience and for someone to turn heel and have a proper reason behind it rather than the usual, "the WWE Universe doesn't deserve an explanation!" shit. I hope Seth smashes it as a heel so that we see more of this going forward.

I agree it's the right thing to do but I just found it all so underwhelming. I'd much rather they did that turn in front of the live crowd than backstage, for example. It just felt like it weakened the impact a bit, although maybe the crowd were just shit.