The Official UKFF RAW Thread...

d-d-d-dAz

• Paid Members

I thought it was a cool little angle. Maybe just me, but was it done that way to make you think it's someone else. Like CM Punk? I think it's too early for the reveal but otherwise, no criticism.

To be fair to him, this promo is very good and he looks great here. I'm not a big fan of his voice and it takes a little while but when he gets to "in 2019, what is good enough for you people?" his tone and aggression is very good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZSXtBSSrh60

Agree with above though, it's a fucking shit crowd to turn in front of.

Meltzer and Alvarez were selling this like 'Colby Lopez' [what Alvarez referred to him to] believes that everything Seth Rollins said is true.
I'm out. Seriously. Say whatever you want about my supposed 'obsession' with Meltzer but this is Alvarez too. 

Seth Rollins the character absolutely should believe everything he said because, well, that's the point but I honestly cannot believe that two wrestling journalists are publicly going 'Yes, this is really how Colby Lopez, the person behind the persona, actually, legitimately feels! He's deluded! It's the booking that's done this! It's his tweets!'
Yes, because a deluded heel is going to go 'the big bad company booked me like a total pussy at times in my feud with The Fiend and I turned myself heel with my stupid tweets'

Say what you want about the content of the promo, that's one thing - and the fact that blaming the fans is a typical and overused heel trope - but this is just embarrassing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qKJrdfI3mOg

Seth’s promo and the Owens beatdown was real good stuff. I can’t imagine Seth cutting a more impactful promo than that. It felt near cathartic just watching it. AOP look awesome as his muscle, I was waiting for the Shield fist pump to really rub it in. Didn’t get the stuff with Sami Zayn and Mojo though. Just felt like they were killing time. 

Humberto/Almas and Black/Tozawa had great little matches. I really like Tozawa. He bumps and eats offence like a lunatic.

I’m now all in on The Kabuki Warriors. Thank fuck they’ve ditched Paige, got cool new outfits and finally, some entrance music that doesn’t make me wanna jam a screwdriver into my ear. Hell, they even got Becky and Charlotte teaming in a way that didn’t drive me mad. 

I hope the Andrade/Vega thing was a minor slip up. Breaking them up is the last thing they should be doing.

Poor Kevin Owens though. Do you think they’re still out there struggling to lift his fat arse into the ambulance?

Edited by Mr Butternut Squash

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Snitsky's back acne said:

Meltzer and Alvarez were selling this like 'Colby Lopez' [what Alvarez referred to him to] believes that everything Seth Rollins said is true.
I'm out. Seriously. Say whatever you want about my supposed 'obsession' with Meltzer but this is Alvarez too. 

Seth Rollins the character absolutely should believe everything he said because, well, that's the point but I honestly cannot believe that two wrestling journalists are publicly going 'Yes, this is really how Colby Lopez, the person behind the persona, actually, legitimately feels! He's deluded! It's the booking that's done this! It's his tweets!'
Yes, because a deluded heel is going to go 'the big bad company booked me like a total pussy at times in my feud with The Fiend and I turned myself heel with my stupid tweets'

Say what you want about the content of the promo, that's one thing - and the fact that blaming the fans is a typical and overused heel trope - but this is just embarrassing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qKJrdfI3mOg

They're right in that he's definitely no Bret Hart. Amen. They're right that this doesn't quite have the impact of the US/Canada stuff as a motivation. And I think that they're probably right that Seth does genuinely believe people have turned on him for no reason.

Where they're wrong is to interpret the real life stuff on screen. It's all motivation for an effective heel character. It doesn't matter if Seth really believes it all (and to be fair to him, on Fox last week he was critical of the red lighting and his team with Becky), on-screen he has to believe it so it's win/win.

Don't turn this into another Meltzer/Alvarez thread because it's so fucking dull. They're right sometimes, they're wrong often. They're both annoying speakers. Meltzer is a good historian. We all know. I care more about the opinion of Pat and Supermo and Lister and Loki, etc than I do these two.

• Paid Members

Their complete inability to write babyfaces is a big, big problem that they desperately need to address, so you hope someone internally has learned a lesson from what happened to Seth this past year. But for the short term, I hope turning heel does for Seth what it did for Daniel Bryan and the Kabuki Warriors, righting the ship and elevating them massively. It’s unbelievable how quickly Kairi and Asuka have flew up in the card and feel like a legitimate top act.

For a company that is absolutely terrible at shooting professional wrestling, this shot of Kairi Sane’s elbow to the outside deserves all the credit in the world. Even the way the table breaks is spot-on perfect. Like everyone involved is crashing straight into your living room.

Also, I genuinely can’t think of another example of something as bad as the Lana/Lashley/Rusev stuff that somehow  still holds a special place in my heart just for how charming and likeable one of the participants (Rusev) is. It’s absolute dross of the worst kind but then the camera will cut to Rusev with a daft grin on his face and I can’t help but love him.

C1510418-0772-45E1-B9C7-636E8B271DA7.jpeg.8c8bf4809fd8383edd5e42da5d99747f.jpeg

Honestly, Lana is punching.
Edited by Supremo

• Paid Members

I think it's fucked the Rusev aura. I'm a massive fan of him, always have been, but everytime he pops up lately he looks less and less like a hoss. The other week when he had that white T-shirt and stonewash wranglers on, he looked like he should have been in Bros.

He's over, and let's face it, that's the only thing saving this shit, but not in a "pay money to see me fight" way and that's a shame.

• Paid Members

Raw is a bloody easy watch when just checking it out via the video highlights page on the Observer site. Even with that, the five minute video clip of the Lana/Rusev divorce was dreadful.

Hopefully Seth's new alliance with AOP will see a bit of a turn around in this show, with Kevin Owens, who generally gets good reactions, chasing him.

6 hours ago, TildeGuy~! said:

Just watched some of the Raw highlights on the WWE YouTube channel, was the crowd dead all night? 

Thank Fuck they taped next weeks show already so they can at least dub in some crowd noise.

Does their Youtube channel have like a 20 minute recap of the best bits of Raw then as I would rather watch that then waste 3 hours every week watching Raw as WWE is so boring/bad lately.