The Official UKFF RAW Thread...

d-d-d-dAz

11 hours ago, Mr Butternut Squash said:

Nah dude. Just generally. I keep hearing about this Punk/Rollins thing everywhere and I don’t get it.

Forgot about Brock. That could be money what with Heyman involved too.

If they had Punk return at 30 in the rumble, to eliminate Rollins they could get that match out of the way at either the Feb/March PPV and them have Punk/Brock at Mania.

Yeah, I just read that back and that's not happening.

We’ve had page after page of people crying about how wrestlers wanting to win matches at Survivor Series doesn’t make sense. Writing proven fanny CM Punk to come straight back into wrestling to have a competitive match with famous hardcase Brock Lesnar is at least three million times more illogical than anything that happened at Survivor Series. 

Plus, there’s no issue between them. They’re real life mates, they’re both mates with Heyman, and given Punk would likely be coming back on a Brock-type schedule, it doesn’t even have the “I’m doing this for the boys in the back who respect the biz by working a full WWE schedule” element. Although I guess Rollins’ title run has made dem realise dey aren’t going to love wrestling just because the champion works full time, so perhaps the part-timer thing has no fuel anymore anyway.

Regardless, CM Punk (like WWE) is at his best when the storyline is Internet Guy vs Vince Guy. And the man for that job is not Brock Lesnar. It’s Seth Rollins, or Roman Reigns if they get a move on. Although it would’ve been a bigger match if Rollins was still babyface.

I can’t think of anyone I want to see Punk go against on the current roster.

My interest could be piqued if they did something creative, but snipey worked shoot comments about dreadful Seth Rollins’ dreadful Twitter use ain’t it.

I think Punk vs. Rollins would be my choice. Great story behind it (I'd prefer a 'rebel vs. arse-kisser' narrative to 'rebel vs. the authority' which has been done to absolute death), I'd expect a superb match athletically to assuming Punk can get some practice in.

• Paid Members

Would love to see Punk vs. Joe in a big time setting just for the narrative. Punk vs. Reigns could be loads of fun but I'd worry the build up would just hurt Roman. Punk vs. Bryan, Lesnar and Cena is always going to be great too.

I won't be disappointed if he just stays retired though. It's been a while.

Something funny about Rollins desperately trying to get the rub from Punk, so not him. 

It's got to be Punk Vs. Bryan, for me. Minimum chance of the crowd mucking it up, since they wank over both guys. And there's a nice natural story that Punk opened up the door for guys like Bryan, with Bryan going on top at WrestleMania XXX at the same time Punk decided to relinquish his indie throne/took his ball and went home/whatever the angle is etc.

Wouldn't mind a Joe match either, though. 

I'm resigned to the fact that WWE doesn't see Joe as a main eventer, but I'd certainly put Punk-Joe as my wishlist match as far as Pip Brooks is concerned.  Also Punk v AJ Styles would be great

3 hours ago, simonworden said:

Might have been said before but surely if he did return in time for this years Wrestlemania he would be against Triple H. Despite all the dislike between the two that's where the real heat lies surely

Triple H has done the big Internet babyface turn since Punk left, though. The “doofus son in law ruining the biz” stuff wouldn’t wash these days like it would in 2011-2014. Them doing the shoot insults at each other now might just weaken both characters.

However, Hunter would be a safe pair of hands for someone coming out of retirement, which we couldn’t really say for Rollins.

4 hours ago, King Pitcos said:

Triple H has done the big Internet babyface turn since Punk left, though. The “doofus son in law ruining the biz” stuff wouldn’t wash these days like it would in 2011-2014. Them doing the shoot insults at each other now might just weaken both characters.

Could be some legs in Punk saying that Triple H has basically been dancing to Punk’s tune in the six years he’s been gone.

Edited by Pinc

10 hours ago, King Pitcos said:

However, Hunter would be a safe pair of hands for someone coming out of retirement, which we couldn’t really say for Rollins.

Good point and he's riding on that big time right now but he has popped back over to the heel side a fair few times for feuds with Reigns, Rollins and Angle. 

I reckon most of the fans at RAWs would get behind punk in the feud to be honest. That said I'm not sure how much "heat" Punk would allow Triple H to get on him prior to the match. 

58 minutes ago, simonworden said:

Good point and he's riding on that big time right now but he has popped back over to the heel side a fair few times for feuds with Reigns, Rollins and Angle. 

I reckon most of the fans at RAWs would get behind punk in the feud to be honest. That said I'm not sure how much "heat" Punk would allow Triple H to get on him prior to the match. 

The key difference with those three feuds is it was all storyline. Triple H the evil Authority character and Triple H the performer playing that role (who is really a nice NXT man who does conference call interviews before Takeovers) could be kept separate. But a feud that's all "shoot" stuff about him being an evil boss in real life and holding down the young guys etc, or building his new reputation on Punk's ideas for revolutionising the company, could be damaging to his overall brand. And the same on Punk's side - for his big return to the ring, it's iffy to have the NXT kingpin calling him a quitter who didn't have the balls to stick around and drive change, or a pussy who got battered by an MMA equivalent of Bryan Alvarez. Like you say, there would probably be big restrictions on what they could get away with.

I agree that they could easily get the fans on Punk's side in the feud, but I can't see them getting Triple H as hated as Seth Rollins is now.

Edited by King Pitcos

3 hours ago, King Pitcos said:

The key difference with those three feuds is it was all storyline. Triple H the evil Authority character and Triple H the performer playing that role (who is really a nice NXT man who does conference call interviews before Takeovers) could be kept separate. But a feud that's all "shoot" stuff about him being an evil boss in real life and holding down the young guys etc, or building his new reputation on Punk's ideas for revolutionising the company, could be damaging to his overall brand. And the same on Punk's side - for his big return to the ring, it's iffy to have the NXT kingpin calling him a quitter who didn't have the balls to stick around and drive change, or a pussy who got battered by an MMA equivalent of Bryan Alvarez. Like you say, there would probably be big restrictions on what they could get away with.

I agree that they could easily get the fans on Punk's side in the feud, but I can't see them getting Triple H as hated as Seth Rollins is now.

That's a really interesting analysis, hadn't thought about brand damage to NXT. Completely agree on Rollins being easier to hate right now as well. Still not sure I want to see those to feud though really, glad it likely won't happen.