The Official UKFF RAW Thread...

d-d-d-dAz

10 hours ago, UK Kat Von D said:

Yes, even Dave knew it was stupid. Nobody wanted that match. Bryan would have benefited more from winning the Rumble, and it wouldn’t have damaged Reigns later on. It was salvaged into a good story because of how much fans loved Bryan.
That was nearly six years ago. Use recent examples which actually apply to the current landscape. 

Sometimes WWE books things great and people catch on and get over. They never have consistent booking which maintains momentum past a certain point 

Reigns winning that Rumble would have made him everything WWE wanted him to be in my opinion rather than Bryan. The fans were right behind him in there and had forgotten about Bryan when it was down to Roman and Batista.

Yes, Bryan was over but the weeks between Rumble and Mania really cemented his underdog status and made him the star. They would have made a larger arse of it if they had to book Bryan as Rumble winner in my opinion.

• Paid Members

This didn’t have the magic of Friday’s show. As ironic as it is typical for them, having more time to write the show made it much messier and less focussed. I think the stench of tragic failure that surrounds  Seth Rollins doesn’t help, either.

The only thing with any spark was that tremendous Shayna and Becky interaction, which was everything I always expected it to be. Bringing up Lacey Evans rather than Shayna for Becky to feud with post-Wrestlemania remains one of the biggest mid-steps of recent times. Hopefully feuding with Shayna (and in my wildest dreams a returning Ronda) will help Becky get back some more momentum. The Sasha feud was a good start but this feels like a whole different level. Fucked as to why they feel the need to put Bayley in there though. Story of Becky’s career, these shitty three-ways that dilute her best feuds. 

Also, I know it would’ve only satisfied a small, nerdy portion of the audience that knows the story, but fucking hell I was hoping for Matt Riddle’s music to hit during Paul Heyman’s promo about no-one having the balls to stand up to Brock.

Still, very excited for Brock vs. Mysterio. I love that Survivor Series has become Brock’s annual tradition of going, “right, give me one of those small lads to have a blinder with.”

Edited by Supremo

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, SaitoRyo said:

If Brock can sell like that for Rey Mysterio, a man about a third of his size, why can't 90% of the roster sell properly for guys who are the same size as them? 

Because he was being beaten by a weapon rather then having a fight

• Paid Members

Brock/Rey is fucking typical of WWE. They've done a grand job with it overall to the point that it's genuinely interesting. It's a new match, Rey's taken a couple of great kick ins, they've used it to sensibly get a match out of Cain Velasquez and Brock & Heyman have sold it brilliantly this past week.

However, because of their usual lack of foresight, Rey has been damaged by them pushing him as an old git who couldn't win and was contemplating retirement a few months ago. Not in a great redemption storyline, just a shit one that pretty much confirmed that he is damaged goods and he's just hanging about for his lad. So annoying that they don't protect anyone so that when they do something like this, it's more meaningful.

Looked a fairly impactful show. I need to track down the full versions of the Heyman and Shayna/Lynch promos because even butchered, they came across great.

It's a pity Rollins didn't defect. Would have been interesting at least. He could have swerved them at Survivors by being revealed as Vince's new arse licker.

What side are the Street Profits going to be on in this whole thing? They only left NXT 5 minutes ago. That could be another interesting aspect if they wanted to play on it.

Rollins seems to be in Ziggler territory these days in that no matter what he does he'll be shit on for it, I get some is his own fault but still.

Shame they did Seth vs Cole on Raw straight away, that could've been a SS match, they could've still started the match but turns into a crazy brawl (teasing a match) I know fans would shit on it but fuck it they shit on everything anyway.

• Paid Members

TBF what was Nat supposed to do there. Charlotte was obviously quicker then should have been for the spot and if she had moved her hand away, it would have been a heel tactic. Mostly enjoyable match, but there was a similar spot later on and all Charlotte kept doing, as she was going for the tag, was looking backwards to see how quick she should be moving. She was proper amateur last night.