The Official UKFF RAW Thread...

d-d-d-dAz

• Paid Members

I like what they did with the Orton angle. Taking a news story that had spread like wildfire and turning it on it's head just when AJ and the fans all thought they knew what was going on.

I only watched the highlights but for all there was good on the show (Owens/Joe opening brawl with Seth and AOP, Black and Murphy, Andrade/Richochet, Orton swerve), it's still a massive drag. Charlotte and Natalya felt about an hour long, Street Profits/OC was too long, Erik Rowan segment might aswell be the same every week.

I get what Supremo is saying in that you can feel some focus in the show. They're trying with Rollins & AOP as a top heel act and Owens as a top baby with Joe and Mysterio. They're trying to move Andrade up. They're trying to boost Black and Murphy at the same time. They're trying to get something to click with McIntyre. They're trying a different appraoch to allow the Street Profits' charisma to shine through. They're building Becky and Asuka well and AJ & Orton continues to be a thing.

There is focus and effort. It might pay off long term but currently there's nowhere near enough to fill this show. The War Raiders are still having squashes most weeks because they'll never be over. The OC are a very poor stable. Their interest in a lot of people has been up and down hence constantly trying to reheat them. Ricochet is the most obvious current one but Black, Andrade, McIntyre and AOP are in that boat too. There's no consistency in booking. That's my big wish for 2020. To nail that down.

The women's roster is paper thin and the few stars they have are just going over the same stuff. Charlotte has to be the most boring character they have. Years and years now of the same Queen, Woooo shite.

Least said about that wedding the better. Even by campy pro-wrestling standards, that was scraping the bottom of the barrel. The biggest problem with it all is that even if it was building something, Lashley is still a terribly boring bastard and Lana is an atrocious actress and wrestler. So all it's doing it dragging down Rusev when they are in need of stars. Horrible.

• Paid Members

I’ve only seen the wedding as my mate told me too. Not just bad, but absolutely boring. Give me Teddy Long having a heart attack any day over that. I enjoyed production telling Liv to watch her step and then her giving a quick awkward glance down as she planted her feet. When something like that amuses me more than the wedding, then they’ve definitely had a shit show. 

Thats what they went with to close out the last Raw of 2019 and it makes sense as it’s been one of the worst years they’ve had. 

So Randy Orton intentionally lost a match and wasted hours of doctors time and made his friends, employers and fans worry about his potential career ending injury, just so he can do an RKO on AJ Styles?

I suppose he sees it as more of a psychological advantage he now has over AJ, but I'm sure he could have found an easier way of doing it.

Edited by The Dart

• Paid Members
44 minutes ago, The Dart said:

So Randy Orton intentionally lost a match and wasted hours of doctors time and made his friends, employers and fans worry about his potential career ending injury, just so he can do an RKO on AJ Styles?

I suppose he sees it as more of a psyhological advantage he now has over AJ, but I'm sure he could have found an easier way of doing it.

Isn't it more that randy suffered a legit injury that turned out not to be as bad as feared. He still let his friends, employers and fans worry but that's by the by.

Loved the Liv Morgan thing - it confirmed that Heyman is a creep stuck in the nineties, it stuck another nail in the “we want the attitude era back” nonsense, and it caused many meltdowns because Liv didn’t come back playing the ghost of the Firefly Funhouse witch puppet. Plus, Rusev is so good at this shit.

Decent Raw. No idea who challenges Brock at the Rumble.

• Paid Members

Rewatched this because I'm probably punishing myself ahead of my birthday tomorrow. Its just so bad as someone said its brilliant. Watching it after sleeping just made it better. 

Rusev screaming Hello Wife needs to be made into my text message alert. 

Edited by Shy Dad

I havent watched Raw in years. Watched parts of it as a farewell thing as I dont have BT Sport which means I will never see new WWE content again and I'm more than happy with that. But that wedding was horrible because of Lana. Really bad acting and not even in a cheesy way. Plus why did she start talking in her Russian accent breifly? Bobby Lashley played his part well though. Overall I'm glad WWE is officially over for me and will always fondly watch old WWF on youtube and my old vhs tapes when I have the time.

• Paid Members

Was expecting rusev to get out of the cake,grab Liv and Lana and yell "I'll take em both, I'm hardcore". So it absolutely could've been worse. 

I imagine this will get retconned next week into mind games by Liv and rusev, but who knows.