The Official UKFF RAW Thread...

d-d-d-dAz

9 minutes ago, King Pitcos said:

Well it depends - if the goal is “take away something for the internet to moan about” then yeah, fuck her off, although the last twenty years have proven we’d instantly find something else on the show to moan about in place of her. In terms of viewership though, the Lana-Rusev-Lashley saga is one of the best performing parts of the show, isn’t it? On YouTube, their clips are often matching or beating the Rollins/Lesnar level stuff for views, and are doing ten times the numbers of the midcarders.

That stuff does numbers for the same reason indie feds find themselves with 10m views on an intergender match

You say that like there’s some nobility or high ground to be found in the viewing figures for Brock Lesnar throwing lads and Kevin Owens jumping off the stage for all the juggalos and juggalettes woop woop. Bad acting and people having unrealistic fights is what wrestling television is all about. There’s no virtuous, highbrow version. It’s tawdry shite watched only by children, pervs, retards and me. 

• Paid Members

A stable with four members. That old saying about it being the simple things in life that bring us the most happiness couldn't be more correct. 

Brock to run the distance in the Rumble and get eliminated by McIntyre when they get towards the end, setting up Brock Vs Drew? It feels like someone on Raw needs to do something really impressive to position them for Brock at this point, and that might do it. There might be just long enough to get Drew heated up to that level. 

Edited by WeeAl

6 minutes ago, King Pitcos said:

You say that like there’s some nobility or high ground to be found in the viewing figures for Brock Lesnar throwing lads and Kevin Owens jumping off the stage for all the juggalos and juggalettes woop woop. Bad acting and people having unrealistic fights is what wrestling television is all about. There’s no virtuous, highbrow version. It’s tawdry shite watched only by children, pervs, retards and me. 

Nah i'm with you, get MILFHunter guest hosting

Personally, I won’t be happy with anything less than Chloe Salpa main eventing WrestleMania. But on the other hand, I’ll be watching it anyway regardless of how much I actually enjoy it, so they’d be fucking stupid to book anything to cater to me.

• Paid Members
29 minutes ago, WeeAl said:

A stable with four members. That old saying about it being the simple things in life that bring us the most happiness couldn't be more correct. 

Brock to run the distance in the Rumble and get eliminated by McIntyre when they get towards the end, setting up Brock Vs Drew? It feels like someone on Raw needs to do something really impressive to position them for Brock at this point, and that might do it. There might be just long enough to get Drew heated up to that level. 

Absolutely no chance Brock is going the distance without a kayfabed "put through the table and stretchered out" spot to take him out of the picture for the better part of the match. 

I don't see it being anyone on the full-time roster taking him out either. If they're still looking at them doing more matches, I'd expect Cain Velasquez or Tyson Fury, otherwise maybe John Cena.

• Paid Members

I think it's most likely Brock gets dumped out in short order by number 2 or 3, who will be someone significant, which will kick-start a feud to Mania. Drew seems a decent shout for that. But yeah, could be Velasquez or Fury. Gives a payoff to Brock entering the Rumble, fulfils him being advertised whilst letting him laugh all the way to the bank for minimal work as usual.

Boy, the ref didn't have much of a poker face realising he'd ballsed up the finish to Murphy/Black, did he? Poor lad looked petrified of what awaited him when he got to the back.

I've said this in the NXT thread, 205 Live thread, Smackdown thread and now the Raw thread - Buddy Murphy is a fucking megastar.

Raw's on a bit of a roll isn't it? Brock, Orton and The Big Show are the only real stars on the brand but I don't think it'll stay that way for long. They're finally making a genuine attempt of putting out a coherent wrestling show and getting people over. Almost everyone is being well cast, has direction, and are starting to feel like people you can invest in again.

Watching Drew spread his wings is a weekly highlight. You feel that this big win means he's finally out of the wheel spinning phase and there's real plans for him come Mania season. Awesome.

After poisoning the well, they've done a great job of rehabbing Brock Lesnar since the Kofi/Cain nonsense. It's the most interesting he's been in years. I love the dynamic of him being first in the Royal Rumble, so many ways they can play with that. Him, Heyman and R-Truth looked to be having the time of their lives in that segment. Great fun.

Even Randy is in a perfect spot, taking the piss out of the opening rah-rah babyface speech and nonchalantly stealing moves. 

The closing match was dumbass fun with some cool popcorn spots for the babyfaces to shine. Buddy Murphy joining Seth's group as the understudy is the perfect choice and has me buzzing to see where it goes next week. It's rare to see so many ships raised after a loss in WWE, and Buddy and Black came out of their series all the better. And this looks like a proper faction, nothing like them dead Corbin ones. Hopefully Buddy scrubs up nice in a suit and ditches the shit theme music.

For all the groundwork they're laying and the fresh acts and characters they're building, they seem to be doing the opposite with the women. I get wanting to put the spotlight on a couple of big names, but they lean so heavy into them that nobody else has a chance to get over. Charlotte didn't sell anything in her match with Sarah Logan. Complete waste of time. Similarly, the contract signing might've landed better if Asuka wasn't chasing the 24/7 title a few months ago. Becky did a decent job in tying to get her over as a threat, but Asuka's been so damaged in the year since she tapped her this doesn't quite have the Big Fight Feel they are going for.

Rusev vs Bobby Lashley was the shits and should put to bed the idea that it's getting Rusev over. It's getting Lana over, which is why it's dead when the bell rings, but Rusev vs Lashley is a waste of time. This also put to bed any sympathy I had left for Bob Lashley. He's felt shit for the longest time, but equally, he's been set up to fail since the day he returned. I was well up for him being built up as a challenger to Brock, and thought he could look credible given a decent push. But nah. Boring as piss bag of spanners. He hasn't had a good match since Roman carried him way back when. Next weeks mixed tag could work though, I'm kinda looking forward to that. But the angle seems to have run its course. Liv Morgan has something to do at least.

Viking Raiders, Charlotte and Ricochet are the show's biggest losers since the turn around. Nothing is clicking right now although a bit of character retooling should steady them. Ricochet would be better off back in NXT to be honest. He's fucked in this environment. 

Edited by Mr Butternut Squash

Ricochet is a tough one. Clearly an absolutely phenomenal talent, at least from an in-ring perspective. But when you're on the same show as guys like Rey and Andrade who ooze charisma and can deliver a more convincing promo even in a different language.. what do you do?

I wish Ricochet just had a little more about him in terms of personality. At least Black has a dark intrigue to him. And Buddy Murphy now has an interesting role. So when you've got all of these guys who can deliver in-ring AND character wise, Ricochet will always fall behind.

12 hours ago, BomberPat said:

I don't see it being anyone on the full-time roster taking him out either. If they're still looking at them doing more matches, I'd expect Cain Velasquez or Tyson Fury, otherwise maybe John Cena.

Cena/Brock for the belt is the biggest match they could do at the moment, which is exactly why it won't happen.

I'm guessing whatever happens with Brock won't lead up to a Mania match anyway, more likely the next Saudi event they have planned for Feb.

Blimey, I'm surprised they are doing a Saudi show between Royal Rumble and WrestleMania.

Knowing how they have promoted previous Saudia Arabia shows as being "Even bigger than WrestleMania", I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of what happens at the Rumble leads in to that show and then the proper build to WM36 begins afterwards at the end of February.

• Paid Members
16 minutes ago, dopper said:

Blimey, I'm surprised they are doing a Saudi show between Royal Rumble and WrestleMania.

Knowing how they have promoted previous Saudia Arabia shows as being "Even bigger than WrestleMania", I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of what happens at the Rumble leads in to that show and then the proper build to WM36 begins afterwards at the end of February.

I heard they were doing an international PPV in February and got excited for a second. Didn't connect the dots and realise it would be one of these things.

Are they not missing a trick by wasting their TV on these shows? The Saudi's want a bunch of Legends and recently retired/semi-retired guys. just send a crew over to work the show who don't work TV. Give them what they want without interfering in your day to day business.

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, tiger_rick said:

Are they not missing a trick by wasting their TV on these shows? The Saudi's want a bunch of Legends and recently retired/semi-retired guys. just send a crew over to work the show who don't work TV. Give them what they want without interfering in your day to day business.

I think the problem is they want both. They want the latest stars on the shows as well as the old guys. Otherwise they could have probably cut a similar deal with Ricky Knight if they just wanted some of the 90's guys