The Official UKFF RAW Thread...

d-d-d-dAz

The crowds recently sound a few pitches higher than usual, especially for this time of year. Are some of the ‘smark’ fans really dropping off, or is nobody over to dem at the moment? Either way, it’s the best atmosphere Raw’s had in ages.

Aside from Loser Rusev and the tedious Seth Rollins promos it was another good episode. Drew vs Orton was fantastic. I was baffled when they announced the match, but they did a decent job of getting out of a tricky looking situation. Drew remains on the upswing and got cheers at the end. The chemistry between these two is electric, it’s like Drew  forces Randy out of his comfort zone and brings the intensity to a new level. Love Drew taking the pandering top babyface role and making it his own. It’s the type of shit that usually kills whoever they’re pushing but Drew’s managing to keep himself cool, funny and badass all the same. Love the 3-2-1 thing. It’s completely daft and the sort of thing I’d expect Dean Allmark to be doing in Fairfield Halls, but he pulls it off. All the fingers crossed that this guy will be elevated, finally. 

I had to watch through my fingers when I saw Ricochet confronting Brock and Heyman with a microphone. Jesus Christ. This segment just reeked of them kicking dirt over someone who they’ve already lost faith in. Disappointing use of Lesnar for the go home show.

Asuka is tv gold. No idea why she was just sitting about on the turnbuckle but it was entertaining as hell and saved a fairly boring match. Kairi Sane really hasn’t clicked in WWE or NXT for that matter. Wouldn’t be shocked if she’s on the way out. Becky’s definitely regressed in the ace role.

The Aleister Black squash utterly perfect. Great rebound after them whiffing his finisher last week.

Glad we're in one of those "Randy is interesting" phases again. He's been great recently as a good (ish) guy but I am all over psycho Randy. Granted he wouldn't have been up there in terms of who I want Edge to face but I'm sold. Solid and safe choice.

Nice straight up choice from Drew. Just a shame there's always so long between Rumble and Mania. They have a real tough time keeping things interesting for all the feuds.

37 minutes ago, DavidB6937 said:

Glad we're in one of those "Randy is interesting" phases again. He's been great recently as a good (ish) guy but I am all over psycho Randy. Granted he wouldn't have been up there in terms of who I want Edge to face but I'm sold. Solid and safe choice.

I feel similarly. I wasn’t at all sold on the idea of Edge/Orton, but that show closing angle was phenomenal. I’m glad he didn’t end up on Smackdown, but it’s starting to feel a bit odd that so little effort goes into making such a financially significant show  feel anything other than pedestrian. Raw leaves the Rumble with both Rumble match winners and Edge, while Smackdown doesn’t seem to have anything going for it at all. 

• Paid Members

Well that was fucking awesome. Would have been a brilliant angle anyway but even better when Raw is doing well top to bottom.

Hardly anything stood still on the show. Rowan doing the same shit every week is dull but otherwise there was good progression of McIntyre and Lesnar, Becky Lynch, Joe/KO vs. Owens/Disciples, Carillo/Andrade, Ally Black and even Mojo fucking Rawley.

Actually, one more - MVP vs. Rey was a time machine match. Hope Rey is OK, looked out of it.

Lynch cut a total heel promo and got a great reaction. Charlotte dragging the announcement out gives a tiny bit of hope that she'll piss off to Smackdown.

Would have held off KO & Joe going for the tag titles but the angle worked to carry it on. Enjoyed them fannying about proving where AOP are so the babyfaces could one-up them.

Carillo's receipt gave him a bit of depth that he was missing. Not just a pretty boy now.

Orton and Edge were magnificent. Brilliant stuff from two incredible pros.