The Official UKFF RAW Thread...

d-d-d-dAz

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, The King of Old School said:

I reckon they will do Edge/Orton at the Saudi show.

Yeah, I'm thinking the same, though nothing stopping them going for a rematch at Wrestlemania too, if Edge is sticking around. I doubt Christian can get cleared - or that they'd be bothered about booking him if he could - but one last E&C match for Wrestlemania would be fun.

I'm also concerned about whether Drew will still feel fresh come Wrestlemania - there's another PPV, another Saudi show, and however many weeks of TV between now and then, plus anything extra on the Network, and the space that he'll occupy in people's heads and online discourse, so everyone will have convinced themselves he's not special by the time of the match unless they really keep up this pace in making him look like a star.

• Paid Members

I loved the closing angle, and Edge has proved everyone wrong by instantly being the freshest and most exciting thing in the company, but I really wish Randy had just jumped off the middle rope and Pillmanized him. Changing his mind one more time and hitting him with the Conchairto didn’t feel like it had the same impact.

Still, fantastic stuff. I really hope they save Orton vs. Edge for Wrestlemania and don’t waste it on the Saudi show. When Randy is “on” he’s fucking brilliant.

It’s gonna be Charlotte vs. Rhea Ripley, isn’t it? Fair play. That’s far more interesting than either Becky or Bayley.

I'd interpret Orton vs. Edge as a good nod to Randy's abilities, as well, for a returning Edge. He's meant to be one of the safest guys around to work with, right? 

• Paid Members

That closing angle went on far too long. Kept waiting for one of the boys to come out to save Edge. It felt like the show was running short and so Randy was dragging it out far longer then he should of. Really glad to see Edge sticking around for a while.

Still, that was one of the best Raw's in ages. Mostly pretty good matches, kept Drew looking strong as well. Still expected to see Ronda return though.. , 

Edited by Hannibal Scorch

1 hour ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

That closing angle went on far too long. Kept waiting for one of the boys to come out to save Edge. It felt like the show was running short and so Randy was dragging it out far longer then he should of. Really glad to see Edge sticking around for a while.

Still, that was one of the best Raw's in ages. Mostly pretty good matches, kept Drew looking strong as well. Still expected to see Rhonda return though.. , 

Who's that?

13 minutes ago, King Mal the Glorious said:

What's Rough Rita Rooney doing in the Impact Zone?

Those jokes don't usually make me laugh, but that one did. 

Vindictive wag gimmick, of course. 

Just watched the Edge/Orton angle (well the 5 minutes it got clipped to) and the post show stuff, the thing that amused me on the post show video was Hawkins berating the refs for not stopping Orton, where the hell were him and Ryder considering Edge gets talked up as being their mentor

Hopefully they follow it up next week with the figure geeks actually showing a bit of fired up seriousness though I suspect it’ll be Rey as the one going after Orton till Edge comes back