UKFF Questions Thread V2

neil

1 hour ago, WyattSheepMask said:

As @Kamaras-Tash mentioned, it’s now on a 7 day delay in the UK, probably due to WWE’s deal with BT Sport. Until recently it was on a 2 day delay, which might still be in the case in the US, perhaps someone who watches via VPN can confirm that

I just used my VPN, and it still doesn't appear to be there. 

No worries, I'll Watch through other means.

Thanks for the responses.

• Paid Members

@RedRooster Dem Wans basically refers to the anti-Vince, 'I'm never watching WWE again.... until next week' brigade. Also known as 'Vince you're not my real dad, you can't tell me what to do'. The kind of people who read every bit of backstage gossip and say things like Cesaro deserves a world title push. I believe @King Pitcos coined the term.

I only really come across those types on Twitter though, 99% of posters on here are rational and sound.

20 hours ago, Lorne Malvo said:

@RedRooster Dem Wans basically refers to the anti-Vince, 'I'm never watching WWE again.... until next week' brigade. Also known as 'Vince you're not my real dad, you can't tell me what to do'. The kind of people who read every bit of backstage gossip and say things like Cesaro deserves a world title push. I believe @King Pitcos coined the term.

I only really come across those types on Twitter though, 99% of posters on here are rational and sound.

There’s also been the development of “REEEEEEEE” (imagine the cry of a distressed pig) being used when describing ‘dem wans’, basically describing the reaction of that type of folk that flip out if you disagree with their opinion, which is completely right and if you dare disagree with it, you’re a nonce.

I can’t remember whose been using on here, and I’m not having a go at them either as again, most posters on here are rational, but it’s just something I’ve noticed.

Edited by WyattSheepMask

1 hour ago, Mikeymike83 said:

At what point/show (and this will be Network content specific) does the whole Dungeon of Doom stuff in WCW begin? I've heard some of the audio to their mini movies, it has me rather intrigued for what I know will be garbage. But good garbage!

Slamboree 1995 according to this wiki so maybe watch that then see if WCW Saturday Night is on the Network ( I have no idea if it is ) to follow up until Nitro starts in September

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Dungeon_of_Doom

Edited by Kamaras-Tash

1 hour ago, Kamaras-Tash said:

Slamboree 1995 according to this wiki so maybe watch that then see if WCW Saturday Night is on the Network ( I have no idea if it is ) to follow up until Nitro starts in September

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Dungeon_of_Doom

There is Saturday Night on the network but not from that period. Nitro is the only WCW TV from that time that’s on the network

• Paid Members

Yeah they only have Saturday Night from 1992 and 93 on there. Wonder why they didn’t put 94, 95, 96 etc up. I don’t think there’s any Worldwide or Pro on there either, is there? 

Edited by wandshogun09

On 4/20/2020 at 7:58 PM, WyattSheepMask said:

There’s also been the development of “REEEEEEEE” (imagine the cry of a distressed pig) being used when describing ‘dem wans’, basically describing the reaction of that type of folk that flip out if you disagree with their opinion, which is completely right and if you dare disagree with it, you’re a nonce.

I can’t remember whose been using on here, and I’m not having a go at them either as again, most posters on here are rational, but it’s just something I’ve noticed.

To chime in, "REEEE" is commonly used on reddit and some sections of Twitter as a depiction of someone being incapable of handling their emotional reaction to hearing or seeing something they don't like and is also referred to as 'autistic screeching'. I'd expect better of the majority of posters on this forum.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Polish Dad said:

To chime in, "REEEE" is commonly used on reddit and some sections of Twitter as a depiction of someone being incapable of handling their emotional reaction to hearing or seeing something they don't like and is also referred to as 'autistic screeching'. I'd expect better of the majority of posters on this forum.

Yes as did I.

On 4/27/2020 at 12:29 AM, Mikeymike83 said:

At what point/show (and this will be Network content specific) does the whole Dungeon of Doom stuff in WCW begin? I've heard some of the audio to their mini movies, it has me rather intrigued for what I know will be garbage. But good garbage!

All the Clash of the Champions shows are on there as well as the PPV, not sure how many they were doing a year in 1995 but might pad things out a bit more.